Minneapolis Viper Expert needed to inspect Viper tomorrow Aug 9. (and sad story)

egetz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few moths ago I bought a Viper that was previously owned by an devious, lying, insidious, evil, ***** who did not disclose "unwarrantable previous catastrophic engine failure". While I figure out how to deal with my "warranty purchased but not covered" daily driver turned garage queen i want to buy another Viper.

I hope to buy a 2005 Viper tomorrow from an owner who after hours of talking on the phone seems to be an honest Viper loving guy who has taken very good care of his vehicle. The Viper I buy is going to be my daily driver so it needs to be dependable because i hope to spend lots of money on gas and tires and NOT parts and labor.

I put 48,000 miles on my '95 Gen I just before my 10 year old daughter was born so I need to be sure that I am re-restarting my Viper life with a good machine. I plan to get the Viper warranted but I want a second opinion of the working condition before purchasing the warranty and the car tomorrow. The Viper i am looking at has minimal mechanical modifications such as intake and exhaust. I plan to drive it 1,200 miles to Houston, Texas from Minneapolis with my best friend on (hopefully) the funnest four day road trip we have every taken.

I know this is very late notice but timing is critical and tomorrow is hopefully the day. I have been counting the days for my prepaid VOI13 trip and buying this car would take a lot of pressure of my very stressful Viper situation.

Don't worry, I will be sure to not sell my "garage queen" to anyone without full disclosure. I would never put somebody else in the same situation as the scumbag, POS, evil, soon-to-be charma believing Buckeye Arizona guy who lied to me about the disguised blown engine Viper he sold. This "private seller" also recently had a listing on Autotrader for a Turbo Porsche. I wonder if it really has a "good history".

Everyone i have met through the club have been really good people and this forum has provided countless hours of fascinating reading for many years so thanks ahead of time. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated and I would be happy to pay someone for this last minute help.

Eric

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
You are correct, such short notice may mean low yield.
As you may have noticed, no posts in VCA Minn. Section for over a year...more Minn.Regional action on VOA site.

You might try calling Matt at 651-248-4971. He posts as "mbccenter" and his shop works on and rebuilds Vipers.

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I will be running around tomorrow so depending where it is at I might be able to look at it. I am also selling a 03' if you are interested.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Very nice of you to respond, Matt...but his schedule may be a little too tight.

Best of luck to all.

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well it depends on where the Viper is? I am going to look at another one today so I will be traveling from the north side to the south side of the cities today.

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few moths ago I bought a Viper that was previously owned by an devious, lying, insidious, evil, ***** who did not disclose "unwarrantable previous catastrophic engine failure". While I figure out how to deal with my "warranty purchased but not covered" daily driver turned garage queen i want to buy another Viper.

I hope to buy a 2005 Viper tomorrow from an owner who after hours of talking on the phone seems to be an honest Viper loving guy who has taken very good care of his vehicle. The Viper I buy is going to be my daily driver so it needs to be dependable because i hope to spend lots of money on gas and tires and NOT parts and labor.

I put 48,000 miles on my '95 Gen I just before my 10 year old daughter was born so I need to be sure that I am re-restarting my Viper life with a good machine. I plan to get the Viper warranted but I want a second opinion of the working condition before purchasing the warranty and the car tomorrow. The Viper i am looking at has minimal mechanical modifications such as intake and exhaust. I plan to drive it 1,200 miles to Houston, Texas from Minneapolis with my best friend on (hopefully) the funnest four day road trip we have every taken.

I know this is very late notice but timing is critical and tomorrow is hopefully the day. I have been counting the days for my prepaid VOI13 trip and buying this car would take a lot of pressure of my very stressful Viper situation.

Don't worry, I will be sure to not sell my "garage queen" to anyone without full disclosure. I would never put somebody else in the same situation as the scumbag, POS, evil, soon-to-be charma believing Buckeye Arizona guy who lied to me about the disguised blown engine Viper he sold. This "private seller" also recently had a listing on Autotrader for a Turbo Porsche. I wonder if it really has a "good history".

Everyone i have met through the club have been really good people and this forum has provided countless hours of fascinating reading for many years so thanks ahead of time. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated and I would be happy to pay someone for this last minute help.

Eric

Sounds like a complete scumbag....So what you do is report his ass to attorney general office because he is not a dealer and obviuosly makes money by screwing people and also to the your state DMV. Just unleash on him unwanted attention, whatever it is you can think of. Best of luck hope you get your dream car that runs.:drive:

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At first I sort of laughed when he stated it was going to be a daily driver until I noticed he was from Texas....as a Minnesota native, I didn't think that plan would work. regardless, I bet the return trip will indeed be a trip of a lifetime. Roadtrips in a Viper are priceless. Lucky bastard.