How to turn off the TPM, do I need dealer.

ar15kittykat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Planning on getting CCW wheels, and buying non run-flat, I don't want to use the tires monitor valve system anymore, how can I turn off the TPM main module unit to not get a lowtire warning light or does the dealer have to dis-enage the main module ?

Also, if I take each OEM wheel's TPM and mount them on the new wheel, same location, would the TPM needed to be re-learned, cause I had 2 flat repair wher the tires were dismounted from wheel, and fixed & re-installed, never had a low-tire light warning come on.

Last edited:

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I have ever had to do with a 2003-2006 viper to get the TPM to relearn was to disconnect the battery for one minute and then reconnect it. just make sure your keys are in your pocket so you can unlock the car door.

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When you initially start driving without them, you will have a CONSTANT chime. You will want to gouge your own eardrums out! lol

You need to complete 4 drive cycles and it will stop making the chime (although you will keep the light).

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey Robbie,

Dumb question; do you have to pull the battery cable from the battery (under the trunk) or can you disconnect the battery at the fuse box for this "relearning" to work?

Dan

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Just tried this at the fuse box and it did clear the "low tire" light. Haven't driven it yet and the sensors are new to this car - we'll see if it lasts.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
would suspect since you have not driven the car yet thats why the light is off. Mine turns off every once and awhile for no reason and then 5 miles down the road the light comes back on. I have check my pressure just to make sure that the tires sensors were really working or not. Maybe next week i will get to the dealer and have them reprogram the new sensors