How tough is it to get a windshield?

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
we have done many including my own 3 weeks ago,never had to wait more than 3 days usually next day,i would hope that they are not using this as an excuse to mark it up excessively high,call your local Dodge dealer yourself,i can only do a statewide check and it is showing 2 in orlando Fl.you may be better off paying Dodges markup than your glass co.s

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds to me like your glass guy is looking up a windshield for a VERY early Viper 92 93 ish ..with a rear fender mounted antenna.....that glass would probably be kinda scarce....have him double check his part #.
Cheers,

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
94 they did away with rear mount anteana 94 up all have in glass i would think they would be easier to find if all else fails let me know i will arrange to have one shipped to your glass co.but i think if you take Bills advise you will do fine

Surly 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bobby P,

This past summer I too experienced the mysterious crack stemming from the lower left portion of my 2000 RT/10 windshield. It appears (so the dealership says) as if there was a small chip at the base from a rock hit that was almost invisible. Anyway as I washed the car one hot day with cold water, it cracked for about 1 foot running up the glass. Big dissapointment, as I was scheduled for Track Days at Road Atlanta next day. Anyway, I have State Farm as well and was able to get the glass inside of 3 days. One thing, make sure the glass is for the right application. They ordered a hardtop windshield (GTS) first and it was not the same as the RT/10 install.

Availability is no problem with or with out antenna.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
"SOMETIMES I WONDER WHY I ADVERTISE HERE" !!!!!!!!

A VCA prez last week was told 2-3 weeks.....I shipped same day for $75 less, INCLUDING s/h and no tax.

In your case, I assume its a warranty, and you will get one when your dealer figures it out. Several dealers buy from PartsRack.

PARTSRACK: If It Fits On Or In A VIPER................

pass the cheese............

SERPENT INDIANA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Windshield cracked on my "F.E." ACR the second time I drove it...several inches on the passenger side from post towards center...a few days later the crack was a foot long...local DC dealer also "couldn't find a windshield"...."Wild Bill Pemberton" saved the day....was fixed like new in just a couple of days...glass guy said it was stress due to "lack of sealant" around the glass...my other ACR has gaps around the glass that also have no sealant....can cause leaks or cracks...

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JonB - PartsRack:
"SOMETIMES I WONDER WHY I ADVERTISE HERE" !!!!!!!!

A VCA prez last week was told 2-3 weeks.....I shipped same day for $75 less, INCLUDING s/h and no tax.

In your case, I assume its a warranty, and you will get one when your dealer figures it out. Several dealers buy from PartsRack.

PARTSRACK: If It Fits On Or In A VIPER................

pass the cheese............

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How much do you sell a gen2 windshield for?

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine broke 2 months out of the box--lower right passenger side. Lack of sealant from the factory was the cause. The local glass company had one here in about 3 days. Took less than an hour to put in. I think it was around $750 dollars. No problems since.
0 deductible on glass is the way to go.

Steve