HPDE at Homestead on Feb.28

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looking to increase the viper count at these events so im not out numbered by the vetts. its fun and cheap as a few of you know. need info let me know. thanks benny

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looking to increase the viper count at these events so im not out numbered by the vetts. its fun and cheap as a few of you know. need info let me know. thanks benny

What's HPDE? Is it the same event Ivan ** schdules once in a while? we had one back on the end of December and the begining of January, If your going to be at our monthly Viper meet at towershops this Friday 2/6 you can fill me in.:)

OP
OP
B

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HPDE "High Performance Driving Event" . Organization is called Hooked on Driving run by henry gilbert, ivan and some of the s fl.vca came to the last event at homestead and everyone had a great time but he got the word out a late, so im putting the word out early so we can get a good viper showing with a well run outfit that ive been driving with since they came to fl. benny

OP
OP
B

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3 run groups, usually works out to (5) 2o min. sessions for each level of expierience , includes a box lunch, ride along instructor if needed or a begginner for 295 and you can get a 40 off coupon for your first time. hope that helps. check there schedule out for moroso,sebring,homestead @ hooked on driving .com

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a great time. If folks are unable to make that event then they should try to make it to any of the SAFE Motorsports events. SAFE Motorsports is non-profit, limits entries and has no run groups which means you could get as much as 5 hours of track time in one day!!!

And don't forget Viper Days coming soon!

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Benny,

We have our VCA Party that evening at member Dave and Jessica's in Coconut Grove. Party starts at 7pm. Hope you can make it that evening if at all possible! LMK if you need party info.

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may make it to that event also. I will be at Homestead with Chin Motorsports on Feb 14th and 15th. Should be a blast!

trackpak

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will be there but acr won't be "ready to run" so I'll bring the z06 sorry guys. look for the red C6z06 with the Hoosiers

OP
OP
B

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bumping it back to the top. looks like it will going to be a low turn out. so its not to late to register.. which means lots of open track and alot of track time .. and the double bonus is it should be nice and cool this weekend:2tu:

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
Will we be able to register at the track? I'd like to go, but my job takes me out of the country quite often, and usually unpredictably, so I'm hesitant to register for anything in advance.

OP
OP
B

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i know you can register up to the night before online and since i know there are only 50 cars registered for the 4 run groups there is plenty of room. the question would be if your a solo qualified driver i would see no problem but if your not and need a ride along instructor and they dont have a extra theres the problem. id say come on down gates open at 7am , registration till 8:15. the organizer is a geat guy and he wouldnt turn anyone away .you will have a blast. :2tu:

benny

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wont be able to make this event, my track wheels are not done yet... I just did the Chin event at Homestead almost 2 weeks ago, and will do the same in March. You guys are at the wrong even! Chin events are THE BEST by far! you get more track time then anyone else. Some of the sessions are 1 full our of track time per group!

OP
OP
B

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats the advantage living here. between HOD and NASA and CHIN you can be on the track with one of the 3 that fits your schedule, and all 3 have completely different atmospheres to fit everyones personality. iagree with you about chin that the session is almost a hour long per group and you can get on and off as you much as you feel like and not be rushed to get every minute of the session. keep the rubber side down and on the ground:2tu:

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats the advantage living here. between HOD and NASA and CHIN you can be on the track with one of the 3 that fits your schedule, and all 3 have completely different atmospheres to fit everyones personality. iagree with you about chin that the session is almost a hour long per group and you can get on and off as you much as you feel like and not be rushed to get every minute of the session. keep the rubber side down and on the ground:2tu:

Agree....they are all good. I only did one HOD event at PBIR at night, the nice.....good thing was LOTS of Vipers showed up, usually at Chin there are not many. :D In any case, driving is driving and they are all fun. I almost had the rubber side UP 2 weeks ago, but thankfully i got it under control.:omg:

OP
OP
B

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
great day, temps. in the upper 70's. about 60 cars in the 3 run groups. 2 cars in the advance/ race group met the wall and lost. (nobody hurt). evrything from a vw to a ford gt 40. great day and event as always. my driving is getting smoother and a little quicker each time with the help and advice from the seasoned drivers that come to these events:2tu:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to hear they got 60 cars out there. That should be enough to break even which is about all a club can ask for in this economy.

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
great day, temps. in the upper 70's. about 60 cars in the 3 run groups. 2 cars in the advance/ race group met the wall and lost. (nobody hurt). evrything from a vw to a ford gt 40. great day and event as always. my driving is getting smoother and a little quicker each time with the help and advice from the seasoned drivers that come to these events:2tu:

Glad to hear you had fun! I forgot, were you going to Chin next weekend? or did you have enough track time yesterday to hold you for a while?:D