HRE WHEELS

hitman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HAS ANYBODY SEEN OR HAVE HRE WHEELS ON A SRT-10 @ WHICH MODEL

SRT 10 2004

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to their website, hrewheels.com and you can put them on their srt picture thing to see how they look. I went to their shop a few weeks ago and they held up all the different types to my cars wheels so i could see how they looked. My favorite was the 542r with brushed aluminum, my car is black....oh and all the workers came out and crowded around the car, pretty funny, that never happened with the vette

fluffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A quick search of the threads here revealed these pics:

You must be registered for see images

376P1010039.JPG

376P1010037.JPG

376P1010032.JPG

376P1010044-med.JPG

376P1010046-med.JPG

Phoenix SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The drilled rotors on the red SRT look really good. For show only, though, as no one could make drilled rotors for a Gen 1 or 2 that could stand up to track use. I have to figure it is the same story with the SRT. Still, they look way good and if the owner doesn't track the car, then disintegrating rotors isn't a consideration.

Lowering the car makes it look way cool, also. But, how on earth is the owner able to drive it anywhere? The stock ride height is already very, very challenging to drive without scraping the chin on driveway inclines. Of course, you can be extraordinarily careful with that sort of thing and approach at very shallow angles. But, that would really be a nuisance (it's already a major pain with the stock ride height) and there are situations that you just don't see coming.

The only time I ever scraped my Gen 1's chin was on a back road where the crown in the road was sufficient to get me! And the SRT seems to have a bit more clearance than the Gen 1 or 2...at least I'm able to negotiate driveways and such more easily in my SRT.

Heck, Vipers barely clear most speed bumps as it is. Lower the ride height and you probably can't even get in or out of your subdivision or shopping center parking lot. Folks in Tucson can especially sympathize with that, as speed bumps are everywhere in Tucson.

People who lower their Vipers must not drive 'em to avoid scraping the chin or they fairly regularly scrape 'em; I don't see how there is any other option, unless they've mastered the fine art of levitation when they encounter driveways, speed bumps, etc.

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually I know a lot of GEN I/II Vipers here with brakes off Porsche 993 or 996 turbo. Which are drilled. (Not as much as those on that red SRT, though)

Even when being driven really ******* tracks like in Hockenheim (torture for every brake!) the brakes showed no fading, or cracks. Not to mention the better overall braking.

Something different. If anyone wants to see especially his car, or a certain other Viper with new wheels, it is possible to create photo-shop pictures, to get an idea of what it would look like. It's really just a work of a few minutes.

(I even could put some muscle-car rims on a Viper... And I'm always interested in any ideas like that.)

Phoenix SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I know is that the Viper racers on this board couldn't make 'em work and, if I recall correctly, the ORECA (sp?) team tried drilled rotors back when they were winning everything in sight and couldn't keep them from disintegrating. Search through the old posts if you are skeptical.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drilling out stock brakes weaken them. The ones from Porshe have the holes cast in them, and are far superior. Latest compounds of brake shoes (pucks) do not have the outgassing that the holes were designed to compenstate for, so the holes mostly are to enhance the looks. Slotted rotors were the hot item a few years back, but the technology now for track use leans towards carbon discs or ceramic.
Stock SRT brakes rule.

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aldon makes a great set of fully adjustable coil overs, everything about them is great, including the price. I've had them on about five Vipers. They will give you the lowering ability.

By the way, I think lowering the back,looks out of place, or may I say it looks good, but it also takes something away. I just can't explain it.

Skip

unclgreggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm getting rid of my wheels (at least I want to) if anyone is interested emai me. I want to change to something else.

alexWS6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That red SRT-10 is BY FAR the best looking SRT-10 I've ever seen. Its amazing what the right set of wheels a drop will do to a car.