Hugh's Apex Package??

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hugh\'s Apex Package??

Hugh I heard through the "grapevine" that your Viper was at Apex. Not sure if that's true or not but there aren't that many Viper's on the Board with Apex Packages. That I know of anyway. I heard they do good work but how's the "whole" experience going? What are you getting from Apex? How long has your Viper been there? Give us details.......do you reccommend them?
embarass.gif

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Hugh\'s Apex Package??

Trey, how's it going? I think you know the anxiety I'm
going through. My car has been at APEX a while, but Wayne and
Bill assure me it will be loaded on the transport any day now.
My car has, kind of been, a 'special project' for them. They
have had a few delays; waiting for parts, and some unexpected
problems with a lean A/F mixture. I also had them upgrade my
drive train(HD half-shafts, loops, aluminum flywheel, transmission, 3.55 gears).
They also said they were going to throw
in a 'special surprise package' FREE, for the wait.
I'm going out of my mind waiting. You know that feeling!!!
I'll give you an update as soon as it arrives. I've yet
to make a VCA meet,since I've been without a car. Maybe both
of us can catch a Mid-South get-together. Thanks for the interest.

CNTW84U

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Trey, I am driving out to pick my new 650 Lethal up this next week from APEX. They have had it for the last three weeks,
doing the 650 package and new Venzanno seats with a new console.
Bill says the the car sounds great, I can hardly wait. Hugh,
I know exactly what your going through. I will post pic's next week.
Bob

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Keep me posted CNTW84U. Oh, as far as the power upgrade on
my car, I just gave Wayne a free hand, and told him to make
sure it could beat Trey!!

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

CNTW84U:

So it only took them 3 weeks for the ENTRE 650 Package? If that's true then that wasn't a wait at all! I can't wait to see those seats! I didn't know they did that as well. I was actually considering an upgrade like that for my leather. Did they give you an estimate of the power you'd be making?

Hugh:

So the rumor was true. Interesting the things you pick up from "them" but you know how "they" are.
smile.gif

You guys are both gonna have to be really fast to catch my Venom 650R! The rumor is, 'you gotta run whatcha brung & hope you brought enough'. Hope you guys got enough!
laugh.gif

Keep us updated on your experience with Apex HP. Everyone's watchin.

Keep it between the lines guys!

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thank you all for your continued support. We are anxious to get Hugh's and Bob's Vipers back to them. Other 650 and 750 customers are ready and waiting!!!

Hugh has been patient and great to work with! As he indicated, his Viper was more of a 'special project' since it arrived in in many pieces with boxes filled with parts. Not the typical drive in and upgrade, and hence took considerable time to order many replacement parts, bolts, etc.. He can fill you in on the details but I believe he mentioned that his car is making MUCH MORE POWER than it was when it was running before we worked on it. Needed some injector, computer upgrades, and custom tuning. The A/F ratio needed to be lowered over 3+points, etc.. In addition we replaced/uprgraded many other parts! I anticipate he will be thrilled when it arrives!!

Bob is anxiously awaiting his LETHAL 650 (plus alot more!). He is getting a whole host of other goodies in addition to the standard 650 package. I'll let him explain further. Normally, we try to turn around our LETHAL 650 packages in 1-2 weeks. His took slightly longer due to all the other upgrades he wanted and some extra powdercoating perfection. Believe me..there is much more than the 650 package going on his car.

We look forward to seeing their excitement when they get to drive their Vipers. As Hugh and Bob can attest to, we really don't let anything leave until it is perfect, and sometimes perfection takes time.

Regards,
Wayne (LTHL VPR)

CNTW84U

Enthusiast
Reaction score

King GTS, the guys ran the car on the dyno last night. Here
are the results. At the rear wheels the car produced 555.3 hp
and 550.5 torque, that works out to 653.3 hp and 647.7 torque
at the fly wheel. I will post pic's next week.
Bob

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CNTW84U:
King GTS, the guys ran the car on the dyno last night. Here
are the results. At the rear wheels the car produced 555.3 hp
and 550.5 torque, that works out to 653.3 hp and 647.7 torque
at the fly wheel. I will post pic's next week.
Bob

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great numbers Bob! Your Viper is definitely strong!

You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

Keep it between the lines & don't forget to post the graphs.

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bob-
Boy it didn't take long for you to let the cat out of the bag!
We were very pleased with your numbers. We tuned your car very conservatively, air fuel ratio under 13.0 at all rpms. Given the fact that your car has only 1500 miles, still has catalytic converters, and conservative tuning, the results are great. You will love it! Aside from the peak power and torque numbers, the average torque and power (what really counts) is even more pleasing. Your before and after dyno looks fantastic. You have seriously more torque and power EVERYWHERE which is something that we really focus on. Wait until you see the increase in the most usable 2500-4000 rpms!!!
-Wayne

red98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congratulations Bill and Wayne for offering a Viper package that produces USABLE power throughout the rpm range. From talking to Bill personally, it's obvious APEX is a class act and I would recommend them to anyone considering upgrades with customer service attached to them. I know you guys will be happy with your cars. pete the ex glass guy and hot rodder

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4