Hypothetically speaking

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hypothetically speaking, if a person wanted to disable the skip shift feature, all that would be necessary would be to disconnect the wires leading to the solenoid and wire a proper rated resister across the two wires. In that manner, the “computer” sees what it expects when it send a signal to activate the solenoid. Hypothetically speaking:cool:

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hypothetically speaking that would work up until 2008 on the Vipers. Then it would set of a CEL.

Now the solution seems to be buy a second lock out solenoid, secure it to a tube or cap in a manner that the plunger still activates and stops, then unplug the factory solenoid leaving it installed in the transmission and plug the factory connector to your second dummy solenoid allowing it to still function and secure that up put of the way.

No more 2/3 lock out and no cel. And it can easily be undone later. If it's the same solenoid as the Gen IV they are like 70-80$

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get enough Viper miles under your belt and you will never notice it. Like Pavlov training, it becomes intuitive to wait for that threshold before that first shift. Haven't triggered it in years and drive it frequently - city and highway.

Voice of Reason

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If skip shift is engaging the quickest and most efficient way to eliminate the issue is to politely ask your grandmother to exit the drivers seat and regain control of the vehicle yourself.

I've put 1200 miles on my 13 and not once had it engaged. If it is for you then you aren't holding first gear long enough plain and simple.