I am 6'8 and want to buy a Viper but am i too tall??

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: I am 6\'8 and want to buy a Viper but am i too tall??

I had a 6'8" guy in my car (GTS) and he was pretty scrunched up. He had to cant his legs off to the left and his head was pretty much bent over. There is a 2" seat lowering kit you can get to help the head part, but not sure about the knees.

SRTim

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dave,

I am 6'0, 175 lbs. My knees come very close to the dash board, and sometimes I have trouble turning the headlights on because my left knee is so close to the switch. Also, getting my wallet out of my back pocket while in the viper is almost impossible.
There are seat lowering kits that you could try. Good Luck!!

Tim

phoeve

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am 6'8" 265 and am now comfortable. I bought the 2"
lowering kit and then performed further modifications to allow
the seat to position reward another 1.5". I don't think your head will clear an RT. PS my inseam is 36".

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You could do what Viperbrat suggested and get the Rt/10 and always drive with the top off, and you'll be all set. All kidding aside, try the seat lowering kit and go with the Gts. I've had the Rt/10 and now have a Gts. The Gts seems a bit more roomier. Good luck, and go for it. When driving the car You'll forget how uncomfortable you are. hehe! It will all be worth it.
Take care and have a wonderful day!
Laura

Reaction score

Dave,
Im 6'7 315 lbs with the same problems .I called North Wind Eng they have two seat lowing kits , then I called Roe Racing great people for a clutch petal kit and get the fan kit also and then remove the sun visors it all helps but its no mini van
You must be registered for see images

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have a 96 GTS with the NWE 2" lowering kit. I'm 6'6" and 200 lbs. I now fit with my helmet on for track days. e-mail me and I can tell you about the installation of the lowering kit. Not a piece of cake, but WELL worth it!
PBR