I-Charger (very interesting)

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay;

This would appear to be the way most people could go for a good bolt on supercharger which is integrated directly into the intake. Most manufacturers are taking this approach from the Vette to Caddy to Saleen, to others. Very, very clean with high efficiency. The SRT8 version does not come out for another 3 months but today I see they announced a Viper V-10 version. The rumor on the street is once this is proven, then Dodge will offer it on factory vehicles similar to Ford and Saleen offering the supercharger on factory Ford vehicles.

Is anyone in the know on this or have pictures?

I-Charger

OP
OP
C

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wallbanger;

I saw that on the SRT8 forum too as that is EXACTLY what I was waiting for on my Jeep SRT8, however they now say they have a Viper set-up for GEN 1 through Gen 3. I can not see any information on that.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry , i was assuming if they stated a 5% hp gain for the jeep then similar gains would be expected for the srt10

OP
OP
C

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't quite understand, 5% gain? I can get that by taking a good dump in the morning.

I think the gains are much greater. Like 100-125 rwhp on the Jeep SRT8 before the intercooler option. The base kit is only 5-6 psi boost which is very safe for a non-forged engine, but still a decent gain.

Just curious what the Viper kit includes and looks like.

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i see the pricing for one of the kits at 7k....
new system, no one that i know has worked with it. for the same price, if i were s/c id have to go paxton because thats what all the tuners are familiar with.
why pay the same amt of money to basically test this?
just a random thought.

OP
OP
C

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totally different supercharger design; screw vs centrifigal.

Anyone who has had experience with both has their options. I have had four cars/trucks with Paxton/Vortech superchargers and three car/trucks with Whipple Superchargers. For me anyway, the Whipple was 100 times the supercharger than the Paxton/Vortech. Way, way less tempermental and easier to tune and keep in tune. As I said, everyone will have their options, but I have mine based upon what I have experienced over the past few decades. FMUs SuperFMUs, etc. is just way old technology that needs to go away. Way to tempermental.

I too think the Paxton kit for the Vipers is proven technology and many people are happy with them. I am seriously thinking about it, BUT the livibility of a screw-charger WITH an air-to water heat exchanger is a very, very clean, high efficient, uncomplicated set-up if done right.

Personal preference, but time will tell. Guess I will just call them and see what they have set up for the Viper. I am going to put this I-Charger on my Jeep SRT8 though. If I am happy with that, then I will look closer into the Viper version.

I will let everyone know what I find out.

DocAdam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If this is for real and they are going for 50 state legal, it could really turn up the fun factor on our cars.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I would have to question the integrity of this company - and hence their products - since they say that they have a version for all 3 generations of Vipers currently available - yet no one on the site has ever heard of them until this post.

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would have to question the integrity of this company - and hence their products - since they say that they have a version for all 3 generations of Vipers currently available - yet no one on the site has ever heard of them until this post.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

OP
OP
C

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All symantics........ (marketing is marketing), however I have not received a response yet!

Zan186

Viper Owner
Reaction score
lol if Dodge was smart they would have it as an option from factory! That would make the Zr1 guys cry though.

Carleton

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This GS Motorsports is out here is Santa Fe Springs, Ca. I am about 1 1/2
hours from there and I imagine other Viper owners are closer. Someone should check them out.
If I get down in that area this week, I will stop in.

Carleton
2005 Comm. Ed. #56
Mopar Race Ex. Mopar Shifter
K&Ns, Quaife, Al. Flywheel, 3:55s
DC Reflash, 20" Asanti AF112s, PS2s
478/501

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper versions are a couple of months away. They have not really tried yet and I have talked to them a couple of times about the hood restrictions on the Gen 3's. They might be running into the same problems as Roe..... We will see... but I wouldn't hold out for one! Look at all the guys that have been doing that with Roe!!

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got an email back from them, as I was interested in the differences between their kit at the ROE kit. They said that more technical information is on the way as they get closer to having the unit available. They indicated that they have 4 rotors vs 2 and are 4.0L per rev vs 2.3L per rev. They also indicated that because of the way they integrate the unit with the intake, they see air dispersal with 3% port to port and can do an intercooler.

I'm only repeating what I got back, as I'm not in a position to confirm or refute any of these statements.

Fast1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the response I got.

Hello Doug,

Thanks for your inquiry.

We have looked at the 08, application wise it shares the earlier Gen 3 engine set-up, the biggest issue is the dual computer in the 08, we are addressing that now, I will email you as we get closer to releasing for your model.

Kind regards
Andrew

Just the latest information that I have. It seems like a really cool setup, only time and the dyno will tell for sure.

OP
OP
C

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Andrew finally e-mailed me back. I am getting interested!

My original e-mail:

Hello;

I am looking for detailed information on two kits for two of the vehicles I own:

• 2007 Jeep SRT8
  • 2006 Viper SRT-10 Coupe
Both vehicles are stock, except for exhaust upgrades:

• Jeep SRT8 (Kooks Headers and Hi-Flo cats, Borla Touring cat back)
  • Viper SRT-10 (Bellanger headers, Hi-Flo cats and cat-back exhaust without cross over.)
I would need to see some pictures of the 06' Viper SRT-10 supercharger set-up to get an understanding for this package as well as performance numbers and costs. I have been considering a Paxton set-up on the Viper, but have had a couple S351R Saleens with Vortechs and the whole FMU, Boost controllers, extra T-Rex external fuel pumps, etc. which are such a pain and old technology. I am just not a fan of the centrifigals and prefer more od a Whipple Supercharger type of screw set-up.

Does your kit eliminate the FMUs, FCUs, etc. and just run with larger dual in-tank fuel pumps, non-adjustable fuel pressure regulators, larger fuel injectors and a custom computer?

Finally I live at 6250 feet elevation. Can I get someone to come to Denver to tune these kits for high-altitude or how would we handle that? My 1999 Saleen S351R I had, left me stranded on a highway pass at 12,000 feet when it would not start due to the O2 sensors being out of range with the computer program table. High altitude does have it's problems.

Also I would be looking for the largest air-water intercooler set-up and larger water pump. Any gauge options for inside?

Andrews (I-Charger) Reply:

Hello Rick,

Thank you for your inquiry, apologies for the delay in returning an answer to your questions.

More detailed information on all available kits will be posted to our site shortly.

This includes pictures and full specifications of the Viper kit.

Tuning on all the Chrsyler / Dodge products is via our preparatory tuner, for low boost applications, we maintain much of the original system, tuning and compensation for altitude is also factored in.

Regards
Andrew

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Roe is a 2.7L, not a 2.3. This quad rotor makes 4Lper rpm? That would make somewhere around a 30% increase over a Roe. Say, between 700 and 800rwhp @ 6psi? No fuel pump needed? Somewhere over 800rwtq below 2,000rpm?

Seems too good to be true, especially if it's supposed to be for a stock engine. But, it only makes 100rwhp on a hemi?

A Roe needs 10psi for that much hp. He was investigating a 3.1 blower for a 1000rwhp kit, not sure where's he is with that.

Reaction score
I believe that you HAVE to have mechanical fuel enrichment to get CARB approval and cannot use electronics for this. This is why the Paxton kit is built the way it is. There is no way the kit will make those numbers without serious fuel augmentation.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not certain of CARB requirements.

My 720rwhp Roe supercharged Viper worked fine with the stock fuel system and an MSD Voltage Booster in the fuel pump power supply. When the 100hp Nitrous kit was installed the stock fuel pump was also replaced with a Brembo pump.

Ted