I feel like I am too short in the viper

vincent_esq

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi guys, well after 2 days with the viper, I have to say it is nothing short of amazing. However, I am only 5'5", and feel very short inside the viper. My head barely touches the top of the headrest. Outside wise, I look ok, so at least I don't look like a dwarf driving it. However, I feel like I would like my view to be a couple inches higher up. Coming from an nsx, I felt the view from the nsx was very high up, and I am uncomfortable sitting so low. I guess, I will get use to it, or get a pillow or something :D , but anyone have any ideas to make my ride feel better?

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The windows on the SRT have a very high line relative to the floor- moreso than the previous generations. I am 6 foot, and felt the same way you do. You will get used to it though.

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vincent:

It truly is something you get used to, but it would be nice if the car had a height adjustment (upward). I am only 5'3". The biggest concern I have had and it is not height related is rear view...it is rather a guessing game as to where you are going in reverse...best solution is to put it in reverse and floor it. If you do not hear a grind and breaking glass, you realize it was safe to back up (for now).

Then there is seeing of the fenders....feels very similar to a 454 `71 Corvette...

Alice (HEMOTOX)

OP
OP
V

vincent_esq

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey, don't laugh, I did go to Target and got a pillow! :D my butt sits about 2 inches taller now, but the question is whether I should use it or get use to not having it. If I am in the car for say, 1/2 hour, I get use to it. It's only when I get in again saying in the morning that I feel weird. By the way, my wife loves this car. She says after feeling the pull, "now this is what a sports car is supposed to feel like!!!" Thanks, everyone for the support and advise!!!!

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vincent:

a. It is "advice"...not "advise"

b. You are not short...you are vertically challenged

c. Any trouble adjusting the pedals so that you can work the clutch but not have the brake then too close?

Alice (HEMOTOX)

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL Alice, vertically challenged! I'm footly challanged.

I'm 5'7" and when I first started Steve's car I thought I had the clutch to the floor until I realized I had to push a bit more and move up on the steering wheel!
When I posted on here I was told the pedals are adjustable. I was worried that when I get my dream car later on I wouldn't be able to drive it. Well I might have attached some wood blocks to the pedals from lowes.:-D

madman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking about the clutch - I must say that is is a bit too long. Is there any kit to make the clutch go shorter? Wood block won't help since it will get pedal too close:)

OP
OP
V

vincent_esq

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Vincent:

a. It is "advice"...not "advise"

Dang, that was just a typo, reallly! :eek: you may advise me anytime. :2tu:

c. Any trouble adjusting the pedals so that you can work the clutch but not have the brake then too close?

My problem is that when I move the pedals, the clutch is out too much compared to the brakes and gas, so that my left foot is always touching the clutch, so I move it back in a bit.... I am managing.

I've decided to RETURN my pillow and try to get use to the driving position. :D

OP
OP
V

vincent_esq

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Paul, I guess I shouldn't be complaining huh? I can fix my problems with a pillow. You can't sit any lower. :D
I wonder why we did not get power seats. I know the philosophy is back to basics, power, and weight savings in this car, but......we got POWER pedal adjusters....What the heck???? I'll trade that for some sort of seat height adjustment or something?

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vincent:

I would not mind if it had rollup windows and no stereo if those meager funds would be put back into performance; admittedly the weight savings would be negligible.

Obviously, being able to raise the seat for those of us who are height-impaired would be nice.

"Don't want no short people `round here.." - Randy Newman

Alice

SRTJOE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
FYI to all you vertically challenged people out there.

If you have after market floor mates and you set your pedal
cluster to its outer most position and you put "the petal to the metal" Its only a matter of time that the gas pedal will get stuck!

Trust me, Its not a good feeling when your in third gear
at about 100mph and coming up to a 4 way stop and you release the gas
pedal and the viper is still pulling like crazy! :eek:

SRTJOE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
SRTJOE.....floor mats, not floor mates..............grammar police......

ledfoot, Sorry about that. From now on I will have my secretary check it
first. Thanks for giving me another excuse to have her in my office ;)

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vincent:

What is really a problem on my car is when I pull hard from an intersection, as the front wheels leave the ground, I cannot see over the hood at all. It comes back down when the tires hit the road between shifts, but it is not until 5th gear that the front tires stay on the pavement, and by that time, I am out of the School zone.

Alice

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, don't laugh, I did go to Target and got a pillow! :D my butt sits about 2 inches taller now, but the question is whether I should use it or get use to not having it. If I am in the car for say, 1/2 hour, I get use to it. It's only when I get in again saying in the morning that I feel weird. By the way, my wife loves this car. She says after feeling the pull, "now this is what a sports car is supposed to feel like!!!" Thanks, everyone for the support and advise!!!!

So she will comply to your demand of being able to go for a drive with the boys :p :laugh: :D ?

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Sure would be nice to have a fully adjustable drivers seat in these cars. I had a small bracket on my seat lowering kit break on my drivers seat today. It was 80 degrees and sunny today, Viper weather for sure, but the Viper stayed home, with the driver's seat on the garage floor. I thought about putting the stock seat track back in just for today, but then I'd get smacked by bugs all day for sure. DC, are you listening?

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Willem, hee hee.... I can hear what she will be saying, "don't push it!" :eek:

Heck I am so used to ALWAYS getting my way, that I scrapped a word called "no" out of my vocabulary :p
Usually I keep coming up with possible ways to convince someone I need something from and I seldomly fail :D
I'd be like:
So you love the car, you say that this is what a sportscar is supposed to be, yet you will not let me have some fun, even if I am willing to include you on it :confused: ?
That's not the way I like you when we started getting to know each other. Now I maybe have to hold off on that SUV or that other car you like so much :p

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960