I finally did it...STRIPES!

Viper99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After long deliberation I decided to go with 3 mil. vinyl stripes. I chose white diamond pearl (a white metallic pearl color).
I figured I'd live with this for the summer and if I liked it I would have them painted on. Thanks to John from Combined Auto Body in Commack, Long Island for an unbelievable job (and incredible patience).John is a VCA member and Viper owner and he really took his time with this project. I think it gives the car a whole new look and accentuates the lines and curves on the body.

56front1.JPG

56front_quarter.JPG

56above.JPG

56front_side.JPG

56rear_quarter.JPG

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks awesome man! It's hard to keep 'em clean sometimes. You think they're clean, then take a good cleaner and wipe them off and presto, very white again. Also the rear stripes will, well mind do, will over time start to turn brown / yellow..

G

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did mine with vinyl to see how I liked it and now I will have them painted on because it looks so damn good. Awesome job!

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What does it typically cost to buy the vinyl and have a shop install them? Did the shop order the vinyl themselves or did you buy it somewhere and provide?

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks real good Tony. Like the pearl white, can see it in the rear pic. Vinyl lasts well, there's a few Vipers over here that have vinyl stripes, and still looking good upto 5 years later. Like the other cool looking mods you've done too, some nice touches to the car, hope to see your RT at Tators BBQ?

OP
OP
V

Viper99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The stripes were purchased from Stripeman.com
They came in 8" width and I got a 50 ft. roll (about 10 extra feet than you would actually need) for $160.
Combined Auto Body took the better part of 2 full days to place them. They are NOT easy.
John made little to no money on the labor and really treated me well. For me, there was no way this was a do-it-yourself project. Vinyl does not want to hold a straight edge when going around curves and Vipers are very curvey. I think this is much harder than taping off a car and painting the stripes on.
Alignment may look off depending on camera angle. In person they are pretty darn perfect.
Thanks for the positive comments. I'm really glad I had them done in vinyl to make sure I liked them. I'll most certainly have them painted on in the future because they look that GOOD!

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I the only one that noticed how bad the alignment is?
BigCarrot, Are you serious? They look pretty straight to me. Which photo shows any irregularity?

In the first photo, they look pretty tweaked right around the nose. I guess I'm just picky.

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The one on the right is about one inch ( maybe more ) scooted to far to the right. I think he is point out how the right stripe needs to go up on the divider some more or the left one brought down some.

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It begs the question, how much should such a job cost (material and installation labor)? I am seriously thinking about it but would like a range to compare pricing I'll receive to.

GoldMan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just did my Red RT/10 with Black vinyl stripes.. I like them so much I'm going to have them painted on as soon as I can find someone to do them.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The local auto graphics shop quoted $550 and they would need the car for 2 days. They also recommend Avery over 3M due to less aggressive adhesive, which apparently makes the install easier. THey warranty for 1 year only. Is that the norm?

GoldMan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They're 3 mil vinyl, with several coats of Zaino after. I did them myself, took the better part of 3 days. I think I made up for, in time & diligence, my lack of experience. Some of the hard areas I had to re-do a couple times to get it right. I still want to have them painted if/when I find a qualified painter.