I had to shed a tear yesterday.

Rare Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Took the car out for a cruise Saturday night, probably one of the last of this year, and I found this Sunday morning when I got in to pull it out of the garage. This wasn't on my mod list, so I was not impressed. :blah:

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Safelite does a good job for a reasonable rate. I recommend not going to the OEM source as I have had the experience of two broken windshields in a row show up from Chrysler. They make good one it but it can take forever......Safelite is cheaper and faster.

OP
OP
R

Rare Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got the suspension dropped and it's pretty stiff...hopefully that's not what caused it. I've been unlucky this summer, and picked up quite a few stone chips too.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got the suspension dropped and it's pretty stiff...hopefully that's not what caused it. I've been unlucky this summer, and picked up quite a few stone chips too.
I would not call it unlucky driving a Viper in the Summer ;)

Having the suspension dropped and the ride stiffened will definitely enhance the problem.

I had the screen crack in my van a few weeks ago while driving down an uneven road :(

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I should shoot a pic of mine. It is EXACTLY the same…but I caught a rock that chipped the windshield and over the course of a few months, it spiderweb'd.

tito#14srt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
now that i see this i noticed my windshield has no rock chips or anything but has kind of a crack under that weather strip cowl piece right on the edge of glass exactly on the same spot as yours! you cant see it unless you pull up on the rubber strip underneath the cowl :mad:

97GTStx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
safelite did mine a week ago because my original was cracked. they installed one that started leaking water in when i washed it. they replaced it under there lifetime warranty, but i have yet to test it....was about $500

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Safelite just fixed my 12 Grand Cherokee windshield and you can't even tell. While the guy was on his way to my house to do it my wife called me from the road on her way to work to tell me that a rock fell off a dump truck and broke her windshield. So Safelite did 2 windshields for us in just over a week though our insurance. The cracks were not as long as yours but they claim to be able to repair pretty big ones.

Ev0lv3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We don't have safelite in Canada, and our insurance covers our glass. I have a friend trying to source one for Rare Snakes car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456