I have a few detailing questions...

Big Mac

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I tried searches for this and no real luck.

1. Above the rear exit exhaust on my 96 rt/10 the paint is stained black from exhaust. Is there a safe way to remove this?

2. My painted stock (yellow) wheels have a few small spots where the brake dust doesn't wash off with soap, water and elbow grease. Is there a good way to remove this?

3. What do you guys use to clean and protect the following areas - Dash
Paint around windshield (where visors attach)
Door panels, console and the other textured plastics

4. Who makes a good kit for restoring the headlights/foglights lenses? Mine are not too bad but I bet it's easier now then when they dont pass light through them later. LOL

I think that's all. Thanks for replies.

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I tried searches for this and no real luck.

1. Above the rear exit exhaust on my 96 rt/10 the paint is stained black from exhaust. Is there a safe way to remove this?

2. My painted stock (yellow) wheels have a few small spots where the brake dust doesn't wash off with soap, water and elbow grease. Is there a good way to remove this?

4. Who makes a good kit for restoring the headlights/foglights lenses? Mine are not too bad but I bet it's easier now then when they dont pass light through them later. LOL

I think that's all. Thanks for replies.

1. Mothers car polish works well and I'm sure most other name brands will work well to get those stains off from your exhaust.

2. Use the same polish for your wheels and if that doesn't work try a rag with a little brake clean on it.

3. Clean Damp cloth firts and then Black Magic on leathers not on the dash.

4. Your local parts stores have pretty good kits to restore the plastics/lights.

Good Luck

Vman455

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read some threads on here about Meguiar's Scratch-X working pretty well for the stains on the rear bumper, so I picked some up and used it to clean up my side sills--worked like a charm. I haven't used it on the bumper yet, but I expect it will work just as well there. For plastic/vinyl interior pieces, I use Son of a Gun protectant.

Tito Tw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have the same problem with our diesel truck, our oxidation block works very well as well as our pre wax.

You must be registered for see images

I could suggest our Pre Wax.

For this our LVR is a great product.This formula protects extremely well on all 3 surfaces, without the need of additional products while providing a UV barrier that prevents premature cracking, fading and hardening.

The surfaces we have listed that the product can be applied to are subject to UV rays, and this is what the biggest enemy of these surfaces is. Technically what you are doing is applying a coating to the surface that does two things, (1) as mentioned it gives a protective coating to protect against the suns UV rays which causes deterioration of the surface. (2) It keeps the surface soft and supple, unlike most products on the market which after a while causes the surface to dry out become brittle and start to dry crack.

We also have a kit for this :)

Before

After

We can make a custom package if you wish, feel free to PM.

I hope this helps :)

triblk6spd

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bring it by the house sometime and I'll take a look. Should not be a problem I can't find a solution to. Do not use brake cleaner on your painted wheels.