I have a question for you all. Carbon Fiber parts..any interest?

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am looking to make REAL carbon fiber parts for the Viper and I was thinking of having the dash, center console an radio bezel made in carbon fiber. How many of you would be interested in something like this? I would think I could get them made at a fairly low cost. If someone wants to be my test mule, I would need some parts loaned to me to make copies. I may need them up to two months. Any takers? Cost to you would be very low once made.

Flash Gordon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm definitely game. I can probably send you my dash etc., as well. I've taken mine out a few times to refinish, so no biggie. Just let me know! :D

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Carbon fiber hoods and doors could be done, but it's too big to ship for me right now and don't want the risk of damaging a customer's hood and being responsible for that item.

Smaller stuff, I can handle. Just need firm commits on Gen 1 &2 &3 parts.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW...AB, i have been working with someone to manufacture the Carbon Fiber Dash, glovebox, and console pieces.....I was waiting for pricing before I brought it up to the VCA...this is really too crazy of a coincidence.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Adam
How are you? I am definitely interested. I have been trying for a while to find something other than the overlays.

Vypr Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen3 center console, upper & lower for sure.:2tu:

Can you give a rough estimate on timeline and price?

Vypr Phil

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I can get pretty much anything made, just need the parts to copy. Now if I do get parts to copy then we are probably looking at 2 months, maybe a little longer to get the molds made, after that we can make all the parts needed to sell. I am still working out the details. I a awaiting something for my Lamborghini to come in and see how it came out before I jump into this, but everything should work out fine.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make it nice, not rice and it will sell.

You should also consider door panels, glove box doors, RT trunk lids, side sills, front/rear facia, etc...

If you make them light, you will probably sell a bunch of them.

Oh and almost forgot, an intake manifold.

cornfish

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As long as the stuff is high quality, which I am sure it will be, I would be interested. The dash, door panels and center console completely carbon fiber would be great.

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yo Ab! I'm in and would be willing to send you whatever you need. I even have an extra airbox thanks to you! ;) Of course, I think the airbox thing has been done. As long as I can get the parts off and back on I should be able to help out.

Haven't you finished that Lambo yet?! It's not like you took the whole thing apart or anything.:bigsmile:

Oh and to answer your question Chad... :bling:

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ab,

Whatever parts you want, just let me know. All I ask is I get to keep a set. If you want hood, finders, rear clip, dash, ect. My ACR needs to go on a 500lb diet. 2900lbs and 2500hp is my goal.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to have the Gen III rear fins in CF. Key blanks could be cool as well.
I think 08 valves cover will be in need soon also. IMO

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I got some of my parts back from my fabricator and parts I had copied looks real nice. You will see a "rough" copy of a piece that was made in carbon fiber. If I can get a dash, center console, bezel from a gen I, II and III I can have those parts made in real carbon fiber. Here's some pictures of some handy work!

You must be registered for see images

Here are some samples of my tail light buckets done in carbon fiber. It's not finished as of yet. It still needs to be polished, but I wanted to show it off anyways.

I have always like the SE front spoiler and thought of switching out mine for it. I think it will give it a sleeker look to it.

I am going to start collecting parts from people who can donate and I will work out a dirt cheap price for the ones who help and show it off after I make the parts. It will take a bit of time to make the molds but worthwhile in the end!

Hopefully we will have enough interest to make this worthwhile!

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Please keep us posted. Just shoot me a PM when you want parts to copy.

You can use any part off my 01 GTS ACR

Last edited:

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen I dash please! I might be able to send you mine if you want it (if you dont need it for super super long). Send me a PM.

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
I'd be interested in the bezel and console.

And for the love of God if someone could fab a door panel, in CF or brushed aluminum, that fit snugly over the nasty carpet area on the door, and didn't look like rice, I'd buy it today.