I just cannot praise the Kumhos on the rear enough. Transformed the car.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did my first driving with the 3.55 gears today. I was anticipating that I would finally be able to blow through the straight-line traction limits of the Kumhos now that my bolt-on mod engine has some more torque multiplication. Nope. Admittedly it was 90 degrees today so between hot asphalt and some density altitude power loss it was a traction favorable day, but hammering runs to 60 and 100 had NO wheelspin. Counting in my head is showing a 0-60 in just over 3 seconds. Without a doubt, the Kumhos are the best performance mod on the car - even with short gears. Bring on those blown cars with Pilots - at least until 60 or so that is!!! :D

BTW, with the 3.55 gears and my short 5th and 6th I think I have achieved the nirvana of perfect gearing for a moderate power car. The speed in each gear at 6,000 rpm is:

1st: 49
2nd: 73
3rd: 99
4th: 129
5th: 162
6th: 202

Nice even steps all the way from a hard launch to max velocity in top gear. Seems perfect to me. If you did long freeway runs you might miss the giant overdrive, but I think of my car as more of a street-fighter.