I Must Have Missed Something...(long)

Eric -94 1:24 Scale

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<rant>
I've visited this board daily for almost three years now. Mostly I've been lurking, but I just can't keep my mouth shut this time. When I first saw the 2003 Viper I literally felt sick. It was the ultimate betrayal to the Viper nation. I really didn't care if the car would eventually grow on me or not, it was ugly.

DC had hit the nail on the head with the performance aspect. When they released the specs, 60-0 mph braking in less than 100 feet, 0-100-0 mph in about 13 seconds, and 1.15g lateral acceleration I was absolutely floored. I saw the thread early, and thought to myself, "Wow, this is going to be the biggest thread ever". I was able to check the board later that night only to find a couple people questioning the numbers and many more still commenting on the styling. After I saw these specs the blocky styling seemed mute. I figured if nothing else will shutup those Corvette drivers who think they are faster on a road course, lapping them a couple times should get the point across.

Two days ago DC released pictures of the newly designed 2003, and I was overjoyed. The "block-like" styling was all but gone. It felt great knowing that two years from now we will look at the original 2003 concept car and think of it as nothing more than a styling test. I assumed once more that the thread would take off like none ever. I return in the evening only to find 21 (that's 21) responses while in the mean time a new thread about the never ending Corvette/Viper debate had popped up and recieved 143 responses???!! DC finally granted the VCA's last request and the soon to be greatest mass produced American performance car just recieved a make over taking it from ricer crap into a true American exotic and no one even blinked an eye? What did I miss?
</rant>

462003Viper.jpg

Original 2003 Concept (Blocky)

You must be registered for see images

The New Viper (Exotic)

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lurker,
Lens Crafters can get you glasses in less than an hour!
laugh.gif
You must be blind. The Stratus Rag Top was ugly before and its still FUGLY. You cant polish a ****. Nuff Said.
laugh.gif

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I heard that super-obese girls are the best in bed, still wouldn't want to be in one thanks...

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not that it's fugly, it's just such a disappointment. It's not a bad looking car - but that's hardly a compliment. It's not outrageous like the current Viper. It really isn't gonna turn heads for ten years and beyond like the current style.

The current Viper has performance AND style, why couldn't the new one do the same?

I dunno why they felt the need to change it anyways. Porsches stayed with their ugly body style for 30+ years and is doing just fine.

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well.. just wait till I can get ahold of one. I'm sure I can figure out a hard top Comp-Coupe looking deal to go on it
wink.gif

MM

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eric (not Schieve):
I must be blind because I see 2 photos of the same car from 2 different angles!? Over time the SRT HAS grown on me....but I still feel much better putting the difference in price into a (mild) S/C. Best of both worlds
supergrin.gif

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you serious?

Those pictures are the exact same car except for the bridge and water in the background. I did notice from some of the other new pics that they raised the front fenders(Not a viper if it has FRONT fenders)which you can only really appreciate if you are sitting at or below windshield level.

The car still has no unique appeal, except for its claimed performance figures. If the numbers are really there then the car will enjoy some success, however if the SRT does not manufacture results then may it rest in peace.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang