I need some purchase assitance in Central Texas please!!

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, the time has finally come for me to purchase my Viper. I have found the color combo that I wanted and now need some assitance in making sure it is a good one to buy.

It is a 2001 Saphire Blue with Cognac interior that has about 18k miles on it. It was originally bought in California, but has spent most of its life in Texas. There is one scratch that has been touched up on the trunk. It has smooth tubes, an alpine head unit, and focal tweeters.

So, I am wondering if anyone knows anything about this car, or is willing to help me check it out. I have already driven it and it drives great. So, if anyone is willing to help me take a more detailed look, I would be forever in debt.

The Vin is: 1B3ER65E61V701375

Thanks again!!

OP
OP
H

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry, forget that little important fact!

Anyways, it is an RT/10. Has both tops, but the soft top needs to be replaced due to holes from mal storage.

Their asking price is $48995-but please don't go buy it from underneath me!!

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, forget that little important fact!

Anyways, it is an RT/10. Has both tops, but the soft top needs to be replaced due to holes from mal storage.

Their asking price is $48995-but please don't go buy it from underneath me!!

That soft top is apx 1500 bucks so remember that when you negotiate the deal..good luck and congrads

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Grayson, why not call David Weaver @ American Racing Tech, he's a super Viper Tech and may even know some history on the car.

(512) 312 2258 (he is in Buda)

-J

OP
OP
H

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Grayson, why not call David Weaver @ American Racing Tech, he's a super Viper Tech and may even know some history on the car.

(512) 312 2258 (he is in Buda)

-J
John-
Haven't talked with you in a while, hope all is well with your family in this holiday season.
Anyways, I have been trying to figure out a way to get to David as ART was closed today. I am going to try again tomorrow and hope that I can get a hold of him.

Thanks, G

OP
OP
H

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
On www.viper alley.com one of the moderators is sellign his 2001 yellow RT for $45K with 18K miles and lots of upgrades. You might want to have a look. :2tu: :2tu:
Thanks for the heads up, but I am not looking for yellow. After seeing the Saphire up close today, I am pretty dead-set on it.

OP
OP
H

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm selling a sapphire, if you would like a black interior.
I have seen your threads about your car, and I must say, it is defin. a beautifull car. However, I have my heart set on an RT/10.

Thanks anyways, and good luck!

OP
OP
H

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In talking with Got One, he says that there is a pretty well known Viper tech in San Antonio-does anybody know who this is?? I would gladly pay him for his time if he would be as so kind to give it a look-over.

ANY help is appreciated!!

OP
OP
H

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The ONLY Viper Tech to talk to is David Weaver @ ART in Buda. Call him you won't regret it.
Already have!
I have been talking with Cody and the only snag is that they are trying to bring down a car when they go to look at this one. To add on top of this, I can only go tomorrow morning-so it is hard for the two of us trying to arrange something that works with my crazy schedule.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grayson. Let me know when you go pick it up and we can take the Viper and make it a picture moment ;)

Hope it works out...you would be an awesome Viper owner!!!

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if that was Wayne's old car (SA)? He bought that color to satisfy his wife, then sold it 6 mo later because of finances. There can't be that many central texas saphire RT/10s running around.

OP
OP
H

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Grayson. Let me know when you go pick it up and we can take the Viper and make it a picture moment ;)

Hope it works out...you would be an awesome Viper owner!!!

Thanks Ryan!

You will be the first to know should anything happen tomorrow!!

OP
OP
H

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wonder if that was Wayne's old car (SA)? He bought that color to satisfy his wife, then sold it 6 mo later because of finances. There can't be that many central texas saphire RT/10s running around.
Can you remember Wayne's car-i.e.-did it have any defining features? If it is Wayne's car, is it a safee purchase?

Thanks!

RoadKing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you can't hook up with Weaver and need some help let me know. While I'm not a Viper tech, I've got two and can be an extra set of eyes for you. I've also got a lift if you want to check out the underside (Garden Ridge area).

OP
OP
H

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Purchase yet?
Yup!! I spent all day at the dealership today-it was a very long day.

Anyways, I am in LOVE!!! The car checked out great and I have been driving it non-stop since!!

Phil-we wll defin have to meet up and do dinner at Sonic sometime soon-I want to show it off!!

Anyways, thanks everyone for the offers to help (especially you RoadKing). Can't wait to spend more time on here, and meet some of y'all!!

Grayson

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to go. Maybe you guys can go to Sonic after you get it. What do you think?

Sounds like a plan to me...anyone else want to join with us to help welcome Grayson in the bunch?

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another new Viper in Austin

Hey folks. I thought I would jump in on this thread, since I saw alot of Austin Viper owners chiming in. I bought a 94' RT/10 yesterday and it will be here tomorrow evening. I sold my red Lamborghini Countach replica and when the truck drops off my Viper tomorrow, the Lambo gets taken to a new home in Louisianna. I can't wait to start hanging around you guys! -FROG-

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Another new Viper in Austin

Frog...Welcome! Glad you found your Viper! Now maybe you can show your can at the local car shows with the rest of us ;)

Seriously though, I am very excited for you!

OP
OP
H

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Another new Viper in Austin

Welcome to the SAPPHIRE OVER COGNAC Club!!
Thanks, it realy is B-E-A-UTIFULL!! I was considering Steel Gray, but when I saw this one, I had to have it-well, now it's sitting right outside my office window!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sinusbeats