I need Viper experts to look at this......

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a 1994 rt/10. Today I took it out. The car seemed like it accerated okay, but I noticed when I decelerated, it sound like it was missing. When I accerated, it didn't skip or hesitate, but again, when I decelerated..it back fired a couple of times and seem to miss. Also, the car gets a bit jerky at low speeds. Throttle bodies were adjusted too. It also idled kinda of rough too. I relpaced the plugs and wires about 5 miles back.

Could this be the following? :

1. bad gas? (BP 93 octane)
2. Bad O2 sensor?
3. Idle air valve faulty?

Any expert advice would be appreciated.

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
yeah it did happen before, but it was due to old wires. It just started to do it. Before the change, the car would hesitate on acceration. Hasn't done it, since the wires were changed out. Now it's the deceration that is acting up.

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing after plug change. It turned out to be the wires not properly connected. Exactly the same symptoms on mine when one wire wasn't plugged in solidly.

So if that isn't your problem I would suggest that one (and only one) of your cylinders isn't firing, causing the same symptoms. More cylinders would cause more extreme symptoms. Obviously, as you know, if you changed the plugs and wires it is most likely a bad plug or bad wire. Assuming that they are all plugged in properly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960