I smell another Championship for Viper (Archer has pole at Mid-Ohio forRun-Offs)

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Great news, Rich! Is the race still Friday? Time ?? THANKS!!!
BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve and others:

For VCA members coming to the T1 race (scheduled for Friday, 9/21 at 1:40 pm), Bobby Archer and the ViperSpeed team invite you to stop by our trailer in the paddock area to visit with Bobby and Deborah Loth around 10am. The ViperSpeed/Bobby Archer Motorsports trailer is parked way back by the SCCA Tech Shed (near the Foodservice facility). If you come in the Main Entrance, follow the divided road down, take the first right, and follow that back until you see Archer’s black truck and trailer.

We are going to get a few pictures for Viper Magazine prior to the race, and will then go together over to see the new Viper Competition Coupe which will be on display at Mid-Ohio (thank you John Fernandez!).

Following the race, we will host a little happy hour / victory celebration (is this cocky or what?) at our trailer, and then decide where to go for the serious celebrating…

See you then!

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As predicted, Bobby Archer is the man (and car) to beat as he has grabbed the provisional pole for Friday's T1 National Championship race at the Valvoline Run-Offs. Archer, driving the No. 32 SuperClubs/Bobby Archer Motorsports/ViperSpeed Viper GTS, ran a 1:37:566 in just three laps on a damp track to claim the provisional pole. Archer posted this time despite having to work through a large field of T1 and T2 cars and having to dodge (no pun intended) the Viper of Tom Lyons that hit the wall in Turn 11. The ever-optimistic Archer feels he can improve his time by another second on a dry track with no traffic. He just might get the opportunity to do that at the start of Friday’s race as the Z06’s of John Heinricy and Bob Schader are over a half second behind Archer and are unlikely to even get a shot at the pole with rain in the forecast for qualifying on Wednesday and Thursday.

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill:

Tom's accident was bad enough that he could not drive it back to the pits. I do not know if he'll be able to get it fixed in time...

Morgan ended up in the gravel early in the run and never got in a good lap. Seeing all this "activity" off-course, Deb took it easy and is currently qualified 11th. Hopefully, she get an opportunity to improve her time (1:42) over the next two days, which I know she can. Unfortunately, the weather is turning sour...

Rich

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Rich,

I'm sure Bobby is bummed...I was rooting for him. I know a dry track would have made a great showdown with Heinrocket.

as for this thread...correction...I never got in a good run that session because my first lap around came to Lyon's trashed GTS and waving yellows...I did not even get one clean lap... as for "the gravel"...you must be confused with another Viper, my Sapphire ACR...never went off the track all weekend.

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My apologies Morgan, it was apparently Kurt's Viper that went off early Tuesday. Congrats on your run on Friday in that crap. Keeping it on the track was quite an accomplishment! It was a day we'd like to forget...

Rich