I support Tator Dodge Tee Shirt selection

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I support Tator Dodge Tee Shirts

After discussing this topic in another thread, the thought is, in order to make a difference there needs to be a strong stance from the Viper community. It appears that Cerberus/Chrysler has already made their decision not to renew Tator’s dealership. If our goal is to help Chuck we need to make Cerberus/Chrysler understand how serious we are on this subject.

There are two ways we can get there. One is to get as many tee shirts as we can in front of the execs and out in public. Secondly, we can give the proceeds to Tators legal fund. Obviously this is a small amount compared to the battle Chuck faces.

I, along with the fast majority of everyone I’ve spoken too, are pledging to never buy another Chrysler product. If it sounds serious, that’s because it is.

Below you will find several tee shirt examples. We are looking for your feedback on picking and or improving the best one. We will then make these available for a reasonable fee.

Colors are also open for discussion. Some think that black and white works best. Others have asked for snake skin green.

Additionally, I’d like to know how many of you would buy a bumper sticker as well. I know many people would be afraid of putting theses on your viper and that is your personal choice. I personally would put one on all my vehicles. They are removable. WD40 works well.

I am astonished by the response thus far. Every club across the nation is interested in buying shirts for their members. I only hope we can produce the tee shirts quickly enough to meet demand.

First Choice

Front: "I BOUGHT THE MOST EXPENSIVE CAR DODGE SELLS. I'LL NEVER BUY ANOTHER DODGE PRODUCT IF CORPORATE SHUTS DOWN TATOR'S DODGE. THAT, CERBERUS, IS WHAT DODGE CUSTOMERS CALL LOYALTY."

Back: "I'M EITHER SAVING TATOR'S DODGE OR CERBERUS JUST LOST ANOTHER LOYAL CUSTOMER!"

SERIOUS-SHIrT.jpg

Second Choice

Front: "CERBERUS CHRYSLER WANTS TO SHUT DOWN TATOR DODGE. IF THEY DO, I WON'T BUY ANOTHER CHRYSLER PRODUCT. THINK I'M KIDDING? TRY ME!"

Back: "TATOR'S DODGE I SUPPORT AMERICAS OLDEST FAMILY OWNED & OPERATED DODGE DEALERSHIP LOYALTY SINCE 1914"

4th.jpg

BTW, I'd like to see this tread made a sticky on both the RT/10 & GTS, and SRT forums.

I'd also like to ask folk to keep on topic here. There is another great tread going where you can express your support for Chuck.

Last edited:

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you think they will be done by the second weekend in march.....First UK event all members to wear them for a photo......

Third choice in yellow..........

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOT,

2nd choice, and FYI it is since 1914.
The oldest family owned, operated and ONLY one of the original Dodge dealerships too ...

D

DAMN YANKEE

In with Baz, #2 in yellow...

Send one out to Jay Leno, he knows Chuck.
Send one out to the President of Chrysler...he knows Tator and he is aware that this is all going down.

I also would go for...

QUESTION : Cerberus, how many heads does a dog need before it can stop being an idiot?
ANSWER : It appears to be more than three....

Last edited by a moderator:

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think it should maybe have a Viper on it, or VCA logo?

Then put "Tator before Dodge" or something along those lines. Too many words on those shirts to get the point acrossed. Just my opinion of course.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm all for the shirts, I think those have to many words on them though.

All you need is a nice Viper logo and "Save the Wizard" or "Save Tator's Dodge" for the front. On the back you could have some more wording like you have there.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm not a fan of the shirts offered, but if they are i will contribute.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, those shirts need to be simple. Great idea, and I will buy in a second, but I want to see the message get across quick and simple. I agree, way too many words.

Save TATOR DODGE
KEEP TATOR DODGE
Teach Chrysler a Lesson, Keep Tator Dodge
Support Tator Dodge
Tator Dodge 1914 - Future

Put a few flags around, maybe a snake logo on the sleeves

Color ? I say a combo of red white & Blue, maybe the NY/CT logo that Chuck helped design somewhere.

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The shirts need to be kept simple.

Try any of these on the front:

"Save Tator Dodge!"

"I'm more loyal to Tator's than to Cerberus!"

"Google: Tator Dodge"

"Cerberus: Don't fry Tator's" (my personal favorite)

Try any of these on the back:

"Tator Dodge. Loyalty since 1914"

"Tator Dodge. Home of the Wizard and Proud Dodge Dealer since 1914."

The larger and more bold the font, the better.

Red with white letters, Black with yellow letters, and orange with black letters would probably be the "loudest" combinations to get the word out.

You should also include a Dodge, Viper, or VCA logo somewhere on the shirt. Best bet is centered below the collar on the back of the shirt.

I put together a couple images but I'm not quite sure how to upload them as a proper file. Damn Newbies...:confused:

Last edited:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
keep in mind chucks shirts have always been red to my knowledge.

but i'll buy at least 2 regardless

D

DAMN YANKEE

My two cents...Time to get very sober here....

Chuck Tator has, for he first time in his career, heard alarming news from Chrysler and that news is not good.

The Problem : Get Cerberus/Chrysler to immediately re-examine their decisions (yep, some have been made) and get Tator's back in top standing.

The Tees : Are to make Cerberus and Chrysler immediately recognize that we, as active Viper owners, are nothing short of angry and are organizing. The tees are not for the uninitiated, the general public, the local car rally...its for Cerberus and Chrysler executives...they will read it, they will understand it.

The Tee message : No logos...can't LEGALLY use them. No pretty messages, no Wizard sayings, no cutsie jokes, for 99% of people "the Wizard" is Harry Potter.
Yes, there is an actual message on these tees, yes one has to read it, yes its got an edge to it, yes its not going to make everybody happy....but, its that serious...

The message has to:

1. Say Cerberus
2. Say Chrysler
3. Say closing Tator's Dodge
4. Say we own a Viper
5. Say we wont buy another Chrylser product.
6. Say we are loyal Dodge owners, loyal enough to care about America's oldest Dodge dealer.

Anything short of that is just another pretty tee shirt and, as you know, I've done a few of those for VCA events. Its nothing like that....at all.

In fact, in all my long years I don't think I have ever seen a telegraphing of the fact that a new auto model (the Viper) is more dead on arrival than purposefully closing down one of the most important Dodge Viper Icons...In my opinion, It's not just about Tator it is about the whole Viper program. If you love your Viper and love our community and those that have steadfastly serviced and supported us, then step forward and be counted. IF not, that is perfectly understandable too.

I'm for any changes to the tee, I just wanted to explain why I'm for #2 in yellow.

Last edited by a moderator:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
#2--and as Phil said, Chuck's shirts personally have all been RED...I love the back and the front COULD say less without the last sentence? Maybe instead saying "Viper Club of America Supports Tator's Dodge"...that way we get OUR message out there too? JUST a suggestion...I believe since we aren't using logos (the VIPER car would help--any of the Gens)....that the VIPER CLUB needs to be on the shirt.
DEFINITELY will buy at LEAST 3. Thank you everyone....let us know~~~juli

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good job. I'm all for race yellow but if we're going to omit logos, graphics and stick to words may I suggest a black tee with white words? Easier to read, very noticeable and black does a nice job of hiding my love handles. Regardless, to start I'll take 10 of whatever we produce. - Tony

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good job. I'm all for race yellow but if we're going to omit logos, graphics and stick to words may I suggest a black tee with white words? Easier to read, very noticeable and black does a nice job of hiding my love handles. Regardless, to start I'll take 10 of whatever we produce. - Tony

You are too funny, Tony!!! I hear ya on the Black/White...but I think either the Yellow, or Chuck's famous RED with BLACK letters. (Agree with sellshomesdrives vipers...Yellow WOULD stand out more)...great ideas here. PLEASE add the Viper Club of America Supports Chuck Tator!!!!! Just put it in place of the last sentence on front of #2...put more of a positive on it...not a 'threat'...that will get us really no place...JUST my .02.
~~~juli

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why would they care if The VCA supports him if they plan to stop making Vipers in a few short years?

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would they care if The VCA supports him if they plan to stop making Vipers in a few short years?

Because the VCA also supports SRT days...there are other SRT products. Just one example. Doesn't necessarily HAVE to do with Vipers...true. ~juli

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang