I used search but still need help please...

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
will the brake calipers from a 2003 work with an 02 RT/10 if so any hiccups to know about? or maybe some has some rear caliper covers to sell me for my 02...
thanks...

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you want to install the new calipers on all 4 corners or just the rears/fronts? Either way, it's not a small endeavor. It has been done many times on many vipers, but it requires:

a big brake kit (the brackets that Dave is referring to)
2 or 4 SRT calipers (14")
an emergency brake kit for the rear
2 or 4 14" rotors
brake pads
might want to upgrade to stainless steel brake lines while you're doing this

To get the big brake kit on the rear installed, the ears on the rear hubs need to be cut off so that the big brake brackets can be installed...

You must be registered for see images

...this is Mark from IPSCO cutting on my rear hubs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be honest the main (only) reason is to have a better looking rear caliper to match the front, I can't find a nice rear caliper with a cover the way the front is without spending too much, seems like this will be just as costly, I don't need anymore stopping power or anything like that, just want my rear calipers to look nice (match the front) which is black with Split Viper lettering in white...

OP
OP
A

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like there's no easy or cheap fix here, have to wait til someone sells some matching rears. As for painting and applying decals I don't understand how that'll work, I mean there's no cover or area to apply the decals too ( it's very small compared to the front), I guess I could paint for now just to enhance a little...

OP
OP
A

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you look at the gts that KNG is parting out you'll notice on the rears he has brake covers to match the front, those are toms 40mm which I believe won't work with my car cas ABS and besides they're all ready spoken for by another member, but ultimately thats the look I'm trying to accomplish...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala