I want another GTS - info req'd

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am starting to look for another Gen. II GTS in fairly good condition.

I want to purchase a GTS from someone who is interested in taking a bunch of my Gen. II and Gen. III parts in exchange for a reduced price.

I have contacted X2 Builders, Viper Parts Larry and Michael Nouri...is there anyone else I should contact?

Thanks for the input!
Cheers
Jason

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am starting to look for another Gen. II GTS in fairly good condition.

I want to purchase a GTS from someone who is interested in taking a bunch of my Gen. II and Gen. III parts in exchange for a reduced price.

I have contacted X2 Builders, Viper Parts Larry and Michael Nouri...is there anyone else I should contact?

Thanks for the input!
Cheers
Jason

What parts?

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here is a list of Gen. II Viper parts that I have for sale:
  • hood - 1800 miles (excellent condition with no damage)
  • suspension (control arms with Mono Ball joints, spindles & wheel hubs)
  • Hennessey brakes - 13" Brembo Calipers & 13" Mov It' rotors
  • Hennessey cylinder heads c/w T&D roller rockers - ported
  • Hennessey exhaust headers - brand new ceramic coating
  • Hennessey camshaft c/w roller lifters
  • stock half shafts
  • aftermarket side sill moldings - brand new (never installed)
  • aftermarket dash overlay - brand new (never installed)
  • accelerator linkage
  • Accufab throttle bodies
  • Pistons & rods, main caps - 1800 miles
Here is a list of Gen. III Viper parts that I have for sale:
  • hood (brand new purchased from X2 Builders - currently at US Exotics)
  • valve covers (brand new with paint stripped off)
I haven't posted most of the items listed above for sale yet.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be interested in your control arms at a realistic price.

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
FrankBarba & viperdude118,

I did not create this thread for the either of you to take the opportunity to make smart a$$ comments about my prices on any of my parts.

It appears that both of you seem to be experts on used Viper parts and expect them to be free! :rolleyes: So in an attempt to bring my prices down you try to make me look like a fool by bashing my prices. :nono:

If you want something cheap go to Wal-Mart :D

JohnnyLightning

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be interested in your brakes for reasonable price...Have they ever been installed and if so how many miles? Will they also fit factory 96 GTS rims?

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I did not create this thread for the either of you to take the opportunity to make smart a$$ comments about my prices on any of my parts.

It appears that both of you seem to be experts on used Viper parts and expect them to be free! :rolleyes: So in an attempt to bring my prices down you try to make me look like a fool by bashing my prices. :nono:

I don't believe I've made a smart a$$ comment about your prices, I merely implied that you'd taken offense to another post I made several weeks ago.

I've never said I was an expert on used viper parts and I never said they should be free. I'm not trying to bring your prices down either, you will get what someone is willing to pay for them, discussions that occur on here should be taken less seriously.

You have proven that its easy to get a rise out of you though! Try and relax, its just an internet forum.

If they start selling viper parts at Walmart let me know :D Oh wait, they do sell Mopar oil filters at Walmart, does that count?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Only other person that buys parts and sells Vipers, that I know, is JonB.

After the economic report I watched on TV Vipers will be getting cheaper all the time - looks like probably 'til spring at least.

Ted

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think he's trying to trade the parts in a group lot, for a car. Not part by part, for cash.

Exactly :2tu: I would much rather sell all of my parts in one big lot as opposed to selling each piece individually. However I may still end up selling them piece by piece.

Thanks bud ;)

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't believe I've made a smart a$$ comment about your prices, I merely implied that you'd taken offense to another post I made several weeks ago.

I've never said I was an expert on used viper parts and I never said they should be free. I'm not trying to bring your prices down either, you will get what someone is willing to pay for them, discussions that occur on here should be taken less seriously.

You have proven that its easy to get a rise out of you though! Try and relax, its just an internet forum.

If they start selling viper parts at Walmart let me know :D Oh wait, they do sell Mopar oil filters at Walmart, does that count?

I apologize to you if I offended you by including you in my post. I included you because it looked like you were supporting Frank. Again, my apologies.

Oh, and yes Wal-Mart does sell Viper oil - Mobil 1 :2tu:

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Somebody get this guy a tissue! :rolleyes:

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you decide you want to sell the brakes seperately, can you please send me a pm with price. Thank you.

Have you finished building your car?? You did so much work on it. Why the second car? I was enjoying your build thread.

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Smart a$$?

I made what I determined to be a resasonalbe offer before on the A-arms and you turned it down.

3rd hand parts (minimum) are not worth what I offered but I really wanted them at the time. If I made an offer today it would be even less...and I'm a track rat, one of the few that one would think had the need and or want.

good luck on the sale but knowing Frank I suspect his offer was also reasonable. After 3 offers I think it may be time to reflect on what your asking rather than bash those willing to buy used race car parts.

My $.02

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Smart a$$?

I made what I determined to be a resasonalbe offer before on the A-arms and you turned it down.

3rd hand parts (minimum) are not worth what I offered but I really wanted them at the time. If I made an offer today it would be even less...and I'm a track rat, one of the few that one would think had the need and or want.

good luck on the sale but knowing Frank I suspect his offer was also reasonable. After 3 offers I think it may be time to reflect on what your asking rather than bash those willing to buy used race car parts.

My $.02

The only reason I did not accept your offer is due to the fact that it was the very first offer as soon as I had listed.

Not sure where you come up with 3 offers as I have only had 2 offers. Oh, and Frank's offer was less than yours. So NO, it was not a good enough offer.

If you want a set of control arms ASAP I recommend that you call JonB. He should be able to help you out.

Just my $.02 ;)

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you decide you want to sell the brakes seperately, can you please send me a pm with price. Thank you.

Have you finished building your car?? You did so much work on it. Why the second car? I was enjoying your build thread.

I haven't finished building my Venom 550. I simply want another Viper :2tu: Stay tuned for more updates on my Venom 550

I am absolutely crazy about Vipers :headbang:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You can't have too much of a good thing?

As far as prices go, usually the wrecking yards want 50% of full retail value. So if a spindle goes for over $1,000 and there's 4, plus 8x A arms and they're worth over $1,000 each, well ...

Most accident repairs usually need at least one A arm so ...

And THAT's my $.02.

I'm certainly glad that I don't need any though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang