I want to try drag racing, where can I go near me?

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello;

I live in Iowa, and I am not familiar with where to go try drag racing. KC is close by, as is Omaha. Do any of you live in these areas, and if so, would you let me join you to learn and give it a try? I have never tried official dragging before, and would really enjoy going with another Viper owner who lives reasonably close to Iowa.

Besides, my wife would love to get us out of town for a weekend soon. This would give me a great excuse to take a trip!

Omaha is about two hours from us, and KC is about three hours. Please give me a call if you want to show a fellow Viper owner novice the ropes on dragging.

Sincerely,

Jim Wallace
515-987-4282

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jim -

We would be DELIGHTED to show you the ropes down here in Kansas City. They have open drag nights on Wednesday and Friday nights at Kansas City International Raceway and every Thursday night at the famous Heartland Park in Topeka. Both are decent tracks and a lot of fun. While no expert, I have made quite a few runs and can probably help you a little bit. I know we can get some other Viper guys out there as well. Your wife would enjoy it down here for the shopping, especially at The Plaza.

Drop me a note and we can set something up. Heck, you are welcome to keep your car in my garage if you would like (guest room is being renovated, dang it). Hope to hear from you soon!

Chris

PS. My brother lives in West Des Moines and another in Ames...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte