I was once a hater...

the_postman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I admit it. I didn't like the front end/headlights of the Gen V from seeing the pics day 1. I told eveyone I knew I couldn't believe they would make such an ugly front end. I often added in my disgruntled view of the measly 40 hp bump. "The Europeans got to 'em" I bellowed. Well, fast forward to today and I'm at the dealer finally looking at one in person. And man did I have to eat crow cause this thing is gorgeous in person. I honestly don't know why it doesn't show well in pictures, but in the flesh it (IMO) made my Gen IV look kinda tame. And less refined. I got to test drive it as well and once again, had to eat crow as this thing feels powerful, with a more immediate power delivery feel, shifts oh-so-smooth and sticks to the road w/o all the belly jiggling (at least on short run I did) that happens in mine. I was impressed to say the least, SRT really outdid themselves with this car. So if you're on the fence but haven't had a chance to see it in person, give the car a chance a go drive one. Obviously not everyone will fall in love with it, but I bet it will convert a few more haters out there.

You must be registered for see images attach

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Up close and in person , the Gen 5 is awesome looking. First time I seen it at Woodward Ave , I spent 15 minutes looking At it from different angles. Well done Team Viper ! :D

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said the same about the front end appearance - and still feel that way with a brighter color an no stripes - but spent some time cruising with a friends new Launch Edition and wow!! The way those stripes go all the way to the ground makes me look right past the open mouth grill and it's so slick! And the LED running lights look cooler on the road than in photos also.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah,....I need to stay away from the dealership.......

......or else I may find myself driving one home.

......That's how I ended up with a new Challenger SRT8, and a new Corvette. Wasn't planning on buying those, just looking.
If I go to just look at a gen V, if the experience is what you describe, I will be signing papers and end up with the keys.

When I bough my current Viper, that was more deliberate. -an over the phone deal. Didn't even test drive it.

...................:eater:

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on finding a dealer that would allow test-drives! That would be a dream for most shoppers. The cars really are something else in person, and make the previous gens look dated. I didn't think I'd say that before owning one, the pictures do not portray their presence in person.

Tony

OP
OP
T

the_postman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was at Baxter Dodge in Omaha, they have a demo GTS with all the bells and whistles available for test drive and it was great. I was even smitten with the backup camera :2tu:. If anyone is in the area I'm sure their Viper guy Mark Edwards would be happy to let you demo it. Same goes for Bill P. at Woodhouse I'm sure - Omaha has an abundance of Viper friendly dealers. Wish I could say the same about Des Moines...

KB Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I thought the 18 inch front wheel was too small in pics and thouht if i bought on I'd Change it. now that I have one wouldn't change a thing.

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, you lucky - a test drive! Yeah, never underestimate the power of new things growing on you - the car companies know that.

blackandblue01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got to drive this car when Baxter stopped by in bowling green, ky. They brought it in for the challenger festival. I am guilty of hating on the new car as well. But after being up close and driving it, holy smokes I want one really bad.

PeerBlock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was never a hater but I do agree that the Viper has a certain presence that you will not get just by looking at pics and vids on the net.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang