I went to the Corvette Forum..my impression of them.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was on the corvette forum that I got from a link. I was reading some post on their site and decided to look up the subject Vipers. Of course..it returned a slew of subjects. There would seem to be some wild "kill" stories of vipers, but I think for the most part, the real corvette enthusist stuck up for the Viper on all the wild stories posted by either an import guy or maybe a corvette owner too.

I was surprised to see that. I have a new found respect for vette owners, not that I ever disrepected them in the first place, but they seem to know the potential of their own cars and the vipers too. It's all about who has the most money goes the fastest..right.

nutsRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently went on a "run" with the SOCAL Vette group and met a real nice bunch of folks. I read about their "run" on their forum and posted a note that I would like to go along. I didn't know anyone in the group to start but by the end of the day I met many new friends. I was even offered to participate in one of their upcoming track events..

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FWIW, I used to have a '97 Supra Turbo, and the main forum for the Supras had a much lower signal-to-noise ratio than does this Viper board. My experience here has been extremely positive, while on the Supra board it was mixed. The owners / enthusiasts who post here tend to be better informed, more helpful, and a lot less antagonistic.

My $.02

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by treynor:
The owners / enthusiasts who post here tend to be better informed, more helpful, and a lot less antagonistic.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We are less antagonistic because we don't have "little engine syndrome"!

Steve Theodore

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, being a Supra owner, I can tell you that there are lots of antagonistic personalities on the Supra forum, but also some pretty decent characters as well, of which I hope that I am considered one.

I did get a chance to meet some Viper owners today and they were extremely nice, very interested in my car, and a pleasure to talk to. I've long held that the "something to prove" mentality is the downfall of most Supra owners, who feel that their cars get no respect, etc.

I also personally believe that the average age of ownership has a lot to do with it, with the average age of both Corvette and Viper owners being considerably greater than that for Supras. Regardless, it was very nice to meet some local Viper owners and check out their cars.

Steve
1993 Supra

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John, exactly what "tweaking" did you do to the Darth's Z06 to get it to 445 rwhp? Was that a one-time deal, or would you consider doing more Z06 tuning? Also, can you give me a ball-park figure of how many $$$ were involved?

Thanks!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Hennessey / HMS:
Jon Paul let us tweak his Z06 a bit and it made 445 rw hp (it made 338 rw hp stock). I have to say that after driving his tweaked Z06, it is a fun, fast car. We took it to the dragstrip last week and it ran consistent 11.90's at almost 124 mph on a super slick track (2.1 60 ft.).
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ViperRon

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Everytime I'm in my Viper or Prowler I flash my lights at Vette owners and often wave at them. It might me a good idea if you tried it. After all both are great American Sports Cars. In no time at all they will start doing it back to us. Lifes too short to be nasty. Like another GREAT AMERICAN once said, "Can't we all just get along"

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having just bought the EBT a new 2001 Vette a month ago, I've been over at the corvetteforum place having a ball.

Much less conservative then over here - they cant get enough of our pictures on their site. I'm having a ball on their site.

Don't get me wrong - I'm still a Viper lover at heart (owned 3 myself and a 2003 on order!), but these Vette guys are a blast.

And I find most just love cars and arent anti-Viper at all.

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being a Vette owner for many years I enjoy the Corvette Forum. They plan many events and races which is what I enjoy. In fact I am taking my snake to a number of their events and will be cruising and racing with them. I wish the Viper community would plan this many local events!!!!!!!

rschiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would trade my C5 in on a Viper GTS in a minute if I had the finances at this time. I also really enjoy your site. I'm a regular at the Corvette Forum and we definitely respect and like the Vipers. I'm glad Chevy adopted some of the Dodge thinking with the Z06. Now I just wish they would make a super Vette.
I would love to do a cruise sometime with some Houston area Viper owners. We have a pretty active group of Houston area corvette Forum members who get together for cruises, dinners, etc. and I would welcome any sports cars, esp. Vipers.

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, I undertand exactly what you mean over a million Vettes verses 10-12,000 Vipers is a pretty big gap.

Rick, the people at the Vette forum have been great, I've been a Vette owner for many years, just sold my NCRS Top Flight 69' L71 roadster. They have welcomed me with open arms and have never refused any of my requests to cruise or race at their events.

rschiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Darth,

That would be great. I've always thought we should have "Sports Car" get togethers in addition to the Mod day and other Vette get togethers.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nutritionkgzexoti