I will give someone $100 who lives near Sarasota, FL

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I talked to Chuck Tator about 10minutes ago, and he mentioned having someone local to this dealership check the car out for me:
Specialty Cars of Sarasota
7150 S. Tamiami Trail 16100 San Carlos Blvd
Sarasota, FL 34231

I'd really like to do something quick! If anyone could check this car out today or tomorrow and let me know that everything is good to go(as in excellent condition)- so I can buy it- I'll mail you a check for $100 for taking the time to go look at it and make sure everything is in EXCELLENT condition as it states on these links.

1997 Used Dodge Viper GTS at Specialty Cars of Sarasota, FL - Vehicle Details

ViperClub Classifieds - gts blue - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

Please get back to me ASAP! :2tu:

my email: [email protected]
my cell: 978.697.9755

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Slow down, that car has been for sale for months.
It's not going anywhere. Take your time...check CarFax and have Chuck run the VIN for starters.

OP
OP
C

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get the VIN No and get a Carfax History Check!

I had Chuck Tator run the VIN for me.. there was some history- but nothing really huge.. Of course I wasnt at my computer to write down everything he said. But I had him run the VIN for another car yesterday and he said the history report on this one was better.

ryan94rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
buying a viper from a "buy here pay here," i would have the car thouroghly checked out in person before i made any kind of deal...a few hundred for a flight down could save you from making a big mistake! jmho!

RogerDodger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was me.

I recall they were trying to sell a new SSG on ebay, using a picture I believe, a while back and people on the forum were suspicious at that time.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went and looked @ this car back in July/Aug. before I bought my GTS. It was a pretty clean car when I looked @ it. But, I was a noob @ the time. I would look for more stuff if I was to look now. There were some scratches and touchup work done on the pass. door I remember. I believe it had smooth tubes and K&N's. Pretty much stock everything else. I started it up but did not drive it around. It had been sitting for awhile so it took a min. for it to idle smooth. I tried to get them down on the price but they wouldn't move. They told me the owner was from NY and had it brought down here during winter months. Good luck.

Dealmaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Better slow down grasshopperor you will get burned.

I'd really like to do something quick! If anyone could check this car out today or tomorrow and let me know that everything is good to go(as in excellent condition)- so I can buy it- I'll mail you a check for $100 for taking the time to go look at it and make sure everything is in EXCELLENT condition as it states on these links.

my cell: 978.697.9755[/quote]

Martin2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Constanzo I got my viper at work today in Groveland come check it out! im on Rt 97 In the stripmall with Curves and Kays interiors

OP
OP
C

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your definitely right, it's not good to rush things. However, I've been looking at Vipers for awhile though and now that I have some money I'd like to actually shop instead of just look. I didn't mean it as I wanna just jump out there and buy anything in sight; but if I can get proof from someone that I found a car that really is in excellent condition if I can't go look at it myself; I am most certainly ready to buy it immediately if I can be assured it actually is what it appears to be online since usually great deals don't last long. I plan on getting some speakers,subs,amp etc., so I'd like to get that plus some other things done in the next couple of months before summer hits which is why I'd like to buy one soon but most certainly won't buy anything unless I'm certain; which is why this other car in NorthHampton I will most likely go check out again today for the 3rd time.

Better slow down grasshopperor you will get burned.

my cell: 978.697.9755
[/QUOTE]

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cars are selling really slow now, even the great deals. It's a buyers market so take your time. No matter where in the US you find one, someone here in the VCA is usually close enough to check it out for you.
If you hurry into a mistake, you will be really sorry once the newness wears off.

Good luck!

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cars are selling really slow now, even the great deals. It's a buyers market so take your time. No matter where in the US you find one, someone here in the VCA is usually close enough to check it out for you.
If you hurry into a mistake, you will be really sorry once the newness wears off.

Good luck!

Great advice.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love my car, but at the same time I wish I would have looked just a LITTLE bit more

I personally would rather buy a car from a VCA member or dealership we know to be reputable

OP
OP
C

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good luck!

Your absolutely right, I decided not to go to the dealer in NH today. I might try to find out more on the one in Florida, but in the meantime I'm just going to take my time and keep a good look out and I'll eventually find the right one..

Thank you all for your advice! :2tu:

OP
OP
C

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Constanzo I got my viper at work today in Groveland come check it out! im on Rt 97 In the stripmall with Curves and Kays interiors

Yo dude.. I fkin drove to groveland right after I saw your message(didnt see it till like 4:30) I drive towards the plaza- i look in to the right of me and see Curves(but see no viper?) I look straight ahead on the street and 2 cars ahead in the distance I see a red with silver stripes Viper GTS.. You must have just left work- I was like ***.. if I didn't stop to take a leak at my house before I left, I would have met up with you before you left work lol.... I tryed catching up to you tho- but got stuck behind some slow woman.. but I kept goin! However, you managed to roll through the next two lights in Georgetown and I couldn't keep up since they turned red for me!! There was also one of those police vans 3 cars behind me and I'm sure we both know how the cops in Groveland and Georgetown are *****- so I turned around in a parking lot and went to Market Basket and then came home..haha :mad:

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was me.

I recall they were trying to sell a new SSG on ebay, using a picture I believe, a while back and people on the forum were suspicious at that time.

That was/is my car(vin 391) Iam STILL waiting for from Ringgold Dodge but it was a mistake from the staff at Ringgold and was resolved:D....Kevin

Martin2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha to bad....I did leave a little early yesterday I believe....unfortunately I put the car back in a garage at a new place Im moving too...And wont have access to it for a month or so. Hopefully you get your viper for the summer and we can cruise around!

OP
OP
C

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha to bad....I did leave a little early yesterday I believe....unfortunately I put the car back in a garage at a new place Im moving too...And wont have access to it for a month or so. Hopefully you get your viper for the summer and we can cruise around!

Yea man, I definitely think that would be sweet. I've always wanted to have some friends with nice cars, especially vipers since I've always known I was going to buy one- so we def need to go crusin together.. :D

I will hopefully get my car soon.. where did you get yours.. how long have you had it for?

Martin2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought mine 3 and a half years ago from Jason Hefner when he used to be in the DC area or was it Maryland? cant remember. Love the car and have never had any serious issues with it. Check your PM

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you really want the car checked out call Heffners Performance (in Sarasota) Heffner's Performance

Then you will know exactly what you have and one of, if not the best Viper shop in the world at your disposal for additional work if needed.

You can also use Gary Almond Almond Exotic Transports - Home to ship it as well. He is often in Sarasota transporting cars to/from Jason's shop.

You will not have a better experience if you have those two companies help you out with this purposed purchase.

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know many of us will be racing the street warrior races on Saturday. Shoot me a PM today with your number and I'll try to take a look at it.

No charge.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte