My 2000 GTS ACR is for sale>802rwhp

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you sir. I'm waiting for the border/export to email me. I phoned them and the computer talked to me for 10 minutes and then it told me that the office closes at 3:30 (it was about 3:30). After it closed I took the advice and emailed. I really wanted to know where they hid the form (car export worksheet). I need before I leave this state and go to California. Hopefully, they'll answer me before noon, since they won't talk to me on the phone, I hope they email me before motel check out time.

I really like the chromed BBS wheels on this car.

You must be registered for see images

Ted

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good looking car ted. congrats.

what happened to the built motor ?

did the guy you bought it from misrepresent the car ?

The car has a Nytrex n20 system, with 2 10 lb bottles in the trunk/bottle heater/remote opener/ect- I have not used it, but the tuner predicts it will run over 1000 rwhp with this system. It is making 802rwhp without the n20 setup.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Ted. Looks nice.

My guess would be the built motor was more of a de-creampuffed. Maybe forged stock or diamond pistons, 708 cam with 96-99 PCM?? Just a guess with those dyno numbers.

ACRSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice congrats! WHat happened to the built motor in the ad?

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congratulations Ted!!!!

yes I am verrry jealous...but hey, a guy can NEVER have enough HP:)

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok so it's a stock motor. Glad u said 600rwhp instead of 800 on the stock motor but if he was running the shot I'd assume that's no better then having 800 from Paxton solely.
Either way you've been around these cars long enough to know a good deal which u can flip and profit so congrats.
Might get more for selling Paxton separate.
Still odd he said 30k on built motor and the parts u named, which seems to be a Paxton only, is far from 30k.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Easy to spend $30,000 on a Viper without touching engine.

3:55 gears
Walbro fuel pump
short shifter
Unitrax axles
Corsa exhaust and Hi flow Cats
Chromed BBS wheels
Premium Nitrous $800 brackets, 2 bottles, 2 remote openers, Nitrous kit and purge valve, the Nitrous kit is all custom install and a beautiful job done by Macedo Motorsports that must have cost a fortune as it looks like a ton of work was invested into it (for safety).
clutch
radar detector hardwired
digital tach and various leds added
Methanol Injection kit
Paxton and install

The original owner of this car must have wanted everything in the car to be the best and paid for it. Second owner seldom used the car. Marv S saie that he is a well respected multiple Viper owner that takes good care of his cars. Last owner bought the car and then got a large pay cut causing him to sell the car. He really didn't seem to want to sell the car, but he has a family, wife etc.

I'm sure that there's more in the car, but I've only owned it for a day and the inspection was done to the condition of the car, not for mods. Once home I have tools etc and I can really look at the car. I'll install new brakes and lighweight slotted/drilled rotors and am looking forward to doing some cold air intake work on this car.

In the meantime, I'll be heading to California this afternoon and plan the enjoy driving the car home (2,000mi).

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Seller called Larry and asked about a RED 2000 ACR. This ACR is Red with silver stripes. Not a built motor. He also had word of mouth on the build. Larry gave the me the straight info on what he did to the car. The 802 is from the dyno sheet. 600 is my guess without the Nitrous.

I had Eddie Martin (one of our Great Viper techs) check the car out, leakdown, compression and insection. Everything is in good shape except for a few minor items I plan to fix. I have some parts at home and will make a few changes to upgrade the power and cool down the intake air.

Previous owner didn't know much about cars and thought the Nitrous purge was a co2 spayer for the ic. I got a good deal on the car, not great, but good. Larry and Eddie both said the car is a good one. No issues.

Low hp to me, but the previous owner thought it was a 10 sec car and had 800rwhp without the Nitrous. His last muscle car was an '02 or '04 Z06. Walked in his garage and first thing I see is a Z06 vette wheel beside the Viper. To him this is an Ultimate high hp car. since my plan was to resell, I suppose that a 600rwhp Paxton is such an easy car to drive that it will sell much easier/faster than a big hp car. Too most people a stock 450bhp Viper is really fast.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've made it to Wash. GTS/ACR gets 19.5mpg at 70mph and 18.4mph averaging about 90mph. Border sent me notice that they never received the paperwork and I needed to resubmit it. Might be Thurs, morning before I'm allowed to leave the US with my car now.

Stopped at Joe Christopherson's (Washington VCA) and we washed our cars today. Probably go visit Paul/PBR tomorrow or next day. GTS cleaned up easily and I sure like the looks of the chromed BBS wheels.

We've added about 1,000miles to the odometer and the car sings along the road with the greatest of ease. Car runs great and because I'm driving a Viper I make friends every time I stop.

Sure are a lot of vette's out. At Hoover damn we saw 3 yellow Z06 vettes and then another 6 or so varied colored vettes. Weird thing is that only 2 of them weren't Z06s. Red vette in Laughlin was driven by a 70 year old woman (6spd).

Only Vipers we've seen (except at Bill Luke Dodge) was s Red SRT10 (G3) in Phoenix.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am enjoying the trip and always enjoy Viper driving. My Sapphire gets 19.8mph and the speed doesn't seem to matter up to 85mph. People do sort of freak a bit when I tell them what mileage a Viper gets. I usually ask them what the mileage is for a Honda at 100mph - thinking that maybe my Viper gets better? No one seems to know however.

It'd be nice if someone that can stand to be seen in a Honda would drive one and check the mileage at speed? I know my Turbo Daytona gets about 33mpg at 90mph though. My Stealth TTs get 25mpg.

Joe's taking us to the private car museum in Seattle today. We viisted the Car Gallery at the Imperial in Vegas day before yesterday.

Ted

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Ted! Didn't know you were in town till yesterday. If you're stuck here 'till Thursday and want to meet up for a drive, let me know. Maybe a quick cruise up to Snoqualmie Falls? If you've never been there, it's a pretty cool sight, especially now with the spring thaw.

Charley

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Ted! Didn't know you were in town till yesterday. If you're stuck here 'till Thursday and want to meet up for a drive, let me know. Maybe a quick cruise up to Snoqualmie Falls? If you've never been there, it's a pretty cool sight, especially now with the spring thaw.

Charley

Hey Charley

We were talking about you today (joe phoned I think). Planning to go visit Paul tomorrow if he's around. PM me your phone number and if we do get stuck here we could probably meet up. Snoqualmie Falls sound good. Bought a door speaker kit and if I get half a chance I'll install it because the factory speakers are really annoying.

Thanks

Ted

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've made it to Wash. GTS/ACR gets 19.5mpg at 70mph and 18.4mph averaging about 90mph. Border sent me notice that they never received the paperwork and I needed to resubmit it. Might be Thurs, morning before I'm allowed to leave the US with my car now.

It should only be 72 hrs. from the time they receive your faxed title at the border crossing you are using. That's what it was for us. The motorhome was only 67 hrs. Sent it at 4 pm and crossed on the third day at 11 am. He had to dig into the in box to find it, but he was good about it. Canadian side did a quick check and we were on our way.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score

It should only be 72 hrs. from the time they receive your faxed title at the border crossing you are using. That's what it was for us. The motorhome was only 67 hrs. Sent it at 4 pm and crossed on the third day at 11 am. He had to dig into the in box to find it, but he was good about it. Canadian side did a quick check and we were on our way.

Unfortunately this is BC and the US doesn't work that way. Banker hours only. Weekends don't count, close at 3:30pm etc. I phoned Sumas because they used to work the 72 hrs. But, he said "Weekends don't count so we'll let you across on Thurs morning. Hopefully, the Blaine crossing will find the papers at their other FAX number and let me across on Monday.

Saw the weather forecast and they said 3' of snow so the trip may get interesting from here on.

Ted

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Charley

We were talking about you today (joe phoned I think). Planning to go visit Paul tomorrow if he's around. PM me your phone number and if we do get stuck here we could probably meet up. Snoqualmie Falls sound good. Bought a door speaker kit and if I get half a chance I'll install it because the factory speakers are really annoying.

Thanks

Ted

PM sent. I used to do some pretty decent custom stereo installs too (never got paid as they were my own, but competition quality). If the rain is too much, I could help you slap in door speakers in < 10 minutes + beer/BS time.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score

1 of 4 Chrysler Concept cars built in the 50s. The Fire Arrows had Hemis. 2 of the 4 were on display at Imperial Palace in Vegas.

At Harrahs we went looking for the Museum and didn't find it. After a trip through Toby Keith's restaurant and souveneir shop we were directed to the Imperial.

Joe took us to the Harold LeMay car museum in Seattle. 300 cars included many rare cars and a few musclecars. No Turbo Dodges, no Stealth TTs and no Vipers. :( Other that that it was pretty great to see an old Hot rod that came with a gas turbine engine. T bucket in white with flames. I remember the car from one of the Seattle car shows I entered my Arrow in way back in the early 80s. Thing was mind boggling loud and only equivalent to 45hp or so. A High heel car/bike ...

A Dragon dragster from the old creative days of the sixties ...

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Snow doesn't scare me ... much. Got new KDryorWet tires on the car and first Viper drive home was a Roe supercharged GTS with runcraps in Feb. That was a little scary.

I plan to take it easy and be cautious. If I stay at low elevations and just suffer through the rain storms I should be OK until I get past Hope and may be lucky enough to make it to 100mile House. If the roads are good it's only highway 20 that is a problem and I have (once in a while driven slowly. I'll just look for some nylon rope to use for "chains" if needed.

PM sent back.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nope. I bought this car to refine, add a bit of TLC and resell. I have lightwieght front brakes for the ACR that I will be installing.

The Sapphire GTS will be staying in my garage and only plans for it are probably a 2.8L blower, bigger injectors and new PS2s from partsrack.

Ted

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave