If the Viper is no longer made....

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Federally mandated parts supply for manufacturer production cars is 7 years. I know because Saleen discountinued parts supply for my 2000 Saleen XP8 Explorer in August of 2001. I did not need anything but if I did, I was SOL and in court.

This is why I am not thrilled with Viper continuing on in another form other than Dodge. Kit cars and tuner cars are a whole different head ache to deal with. It is all about the impulse sale and nothing about the service of long term viability of what you bought. Without the backing of a major manufacturer be prepared for this. Those that have driven around the glass slipper tuners for years, like myself, you just get absolutely tired of it after a while when everything falls on your to fix or track down your own parts to fix it, even when under warranty. That is why I bought a Dodge Viper, with big three engineering support.

Anyway, as I stated somewhere else, 09' cars will probably jump back up to MRSP and 09' ACRS be selling at a premium, if this be the last horray year. 08's will still see normal 08' depreciation, but in general, Viper will probably not start jumping up in value until we see a few more golf cart cars on the road by the governement. AND those guys that say they could care less about a depreciated Viper whether it is worth something or not are so full of it. EVERYONE cares about the value of their car, new used, or sold. With a few exceptions, cars in general have not been a good investment, but in another 15 to 25 years, it will be a much different story. Viper is world known which will absolutley help it's collectibility.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep
wife was amazed that Australian nanny spotted my Viper and knew what it was. And that she was begging for a ride. Known the world over I explained to her. Kids nowadays may not know murcis and what kind of Ferrari went by (I sure don't), but they know a Viper when they see one. I can recognize a Lambo Countach and Diablo, Maserati 12, maybe even an enzo. None of the others. Read something about a "girls Ferrari" last year ... but don't remember any of it. Those other cars aren't the fastest anymore. If Ferrari ever got banned from GT racing, like they did to Viper in 99, I didn't hear about it. Viper kicks ass.

BADGTS Dodge and many of the VCA celebrated the 25,000th Viper built at the plant earlier. Viper production is more than 25,000.

Gen 2s equal Gen 3 values for various reasons is something to ponder.

I bought my 98 modiifed GTS with 20,000mi. for $55K. At the same time "Jdoc" had a super rare 1993 Red/white R/T 10 perfect and completely stock with only 1600 miles for sale at $41,000. I'm sure you know which one I bought. Drove it home.

I remember when the Viper came out. One Dodge customer was a builder and waited until he bought one of the first Vipers built. His Viper cost him $125,000 and it went into his living room before he built the house around it! To each his own.

Ted

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is for sale...........but it will cost you $200,000 ..... this way I can go out and buy another ACR and put $100,000 in my pocket

Everyone is so caught up in a Viper as an investment .........go invest in stocks or real-estate buy a Viper to enjoy Driving what is now the fastest production car ever built (ACR)

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the Gen I/II share parts with other Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep cars, so some parts should be easy to come by...

1. Power steering pump
- 97-02 Viper part# 4642153
- 93-96 Jeep part# 52088139AC

2. idler pulley for serp belt is off of a jeep

3. wiper motors are off of rear caravan

4. glove compartment door latch for Gen 1 Vipers(RT/10's). The part is the same as '91 - '95 Dodge Caravan, Plymouth Voyger, and Chrysler T/C

5. Viper A/C Vents are the exact same as the Jeep Liberty

6. Air box clips for gen 1 at least, are chevy part nr. 25043286 $2 each

7. RT/10 Outside mirrors are the same as a Dodge Stealth

8. The Viper inner tie rod ends (not talking about outer tie rod ends) are the same as a Dakota

9. Rear caliper piston dust boots are from an Eagle Premier

10. Lower pressed-in ball joints are part number 4848 174. Upper ball joints are the common Ram van/pickup piece

11. Whole steering rack assembly and tie-rods/ends are the same from the 97-99' 2wd dakotas

12. The $80 Viper skip shift eliminator plug is the same as the $29 Chevy "version."

13. Headlight switch is European Ford.

14. the electric switch for the mirrors(gen I II) are the same as '97 grand cheerokee.

15. clutch pedal bushings: in inventory since 1979. The part number is 2-2467770

16. Steering column is a Dynasty part.

17. Foglamps are Audi.

18. HVAC controls, Ford. Same as '03 Mustang, '05 Excursion.

There's a running post for common/shared parts. Perhaps you know this, but for the record:
http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-g...shared-parts-between-vipers-other-brands.html

:D

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its not a matter of Owning a Viper as an investment. Its a matter of having a Viper that is desireable that someone else wants.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well with the number of wrecked cars out there, we should be in used parts for awhile. I foresee a time when JonB buys all remaining parts warehouses...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960