I'm considering buying this car, anyone know anything about it?

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can tell you those tires should be replaced before that car is driven on the streets again. It's also a little weird that he chose to cut-n-paste non-US specs for the statistics at the bottom. ie: EPA 11.2L/100km; curb weight=1562kg; 72 liter fuel tank; etc....

BOOMER SOONER!!

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the car sounded fishy. I was VERY close to buying. When i first called he said "I don't even know if I am going to sell it as I don't need the money. I even have an NSX in the garage." Then I called back about the car because he was too busy to talk the first time and he said "are you calling about the NSX or the Viper." So OBVIOUSLY he is trying to unload both. The price on the car was about 38,500 and I think that is too low for a "supposedly" pristine car being sold with 7900 miles. He was a really shady sounding guy and I know of a few other people that didn't want to buy just solely from their conversations with the guy...I know it sold but its a good thing u didn't buy in all likelihood.

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I dont think 38k - 39k is too low. There are 2003s which are 6 years newer selling for 40k - 43k I personally would go for a 6 year newer car a 97 is 11 years old now. And those tires are 11 years old also, you absolutely need to get new ps2s you can't drive a viper on 11 year old tires, no way. Also if that girl comes with the car its a deal!

OP
OP
O

oufan2929

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the car sounded fishy. I was VERY close to buying. When i first called he said "I don't even know if I am going to sell it as I don't need the money. I even have an NSX in the garage." Then I called back about the car because he was too busy to talk the first time and he said "are you calling about the NSX or the Viper." So OBVIOUSLY he is trying to unload both. The price on the car was about 38,500 and I think that is too low for a "supposedly" pristine car being sold with 7900 miles. He was a really shady sounding guy and I know of a few other people that didn't want to buy just solely from their conversations with the guy...I know it sold but its a good thing u didn't buy in all likelihood.

As of yesterday it's not sold yet. But I do agree w/you. He seems like a shady guy. The first time I talked to him he said he's got too many "exotics" and is clearing up space. The 2nd time I talked to him I got a completely different story... :dunno:

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My belief is that if he gives me an iffy feeling during a conversation imagine what kind of "vibe" he gave that car. The tires are completely bald at 7900 miles? I would rather save the "what ifs" and buy elsewhere. There are definitely deals out there.