I'm getting tired of banging my head into the........

D.K.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I\'m getting tired of banging my head into the........

roof on my ACR over every bump in the road at speed. That 1,100lb rock crusher rear spring is killing me here on the freeway's around SD. It's also potentially dangerous too. I have tried every shock setting so please don't tell me about looking into the settings. I've done searches on this site about replacing the rear "rock crusher" springs with either 800lb or 850lb springs. Where is the best place to buy these (locally?) and are they easy to change out?

The 1,100lb rear springs would be awesome on a smooth, flat, prepared surface. However on normal, everyday roads it's like riding a bucking bronco and slamming your head into the overhead is no fun after a while. :usa:

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: I\'m getting tired of banging my head into the........

If the ride is just too harsh, which I totally can see, swap out the springs. If the problem is hitting your head, get a seat lowering kit. Sorry, I know I didn't answer your question but didn't want you to miss the other option.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

See, this is why the RT is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better. :D I don't worry about bumping my head on my top, becasue there ain't one :D Seriously, seat lowering kit would help, but better roads could also be a cure. Pick and choose where you drive the car and avoid the potholes. :2tu:

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Partsrack carry's take off parts. Replace yours with the rear springs from a GTS. Never done it so can't tell you how hard. I imagine you'll need a spring compressor at the very least.

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I'll send you all 4 of my stock springs, (new of a 02/ 4500m on them). You pay for shipping and a case of beer.

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have a great idea Mike.....
We can just trade cars :D
I'll even throw on a few hundred coats of wax to make it almost as shiny as yours!!!!
Lance

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1999 through mid 2000 ACR's came with the Koni shocks which have been acknowledged as the superior package. These shocks work much better and have much softer springs. They were changed because some owners complained that they were noisy. look out for a used set.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte