Im new - stupid question about different models

DroolSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

Is ever Viper considered at SRT? SRT is just like SVT? I know this is stupid but I am trying to wade through the different models available and have 0 experience with Vipers.
So in my mind the base Viper is the Viper SRT, then the GT, then the GTS, then the T/A?
The reason I ask is when I go on auto trader some adds say Viper some say Viper SRT...

EDIT - never mind my browser final loaded the 3 bottom icons on the dodge site - I thought all there was was the build your own Viper, I know see the models.
Thanks

Last edited:

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello DroolSRT, I will try to answer some of your questions :)

1992 - 1995 The first Vipers (soft top) were called Dodge Viper RT/10s There were also export models of these cars which were branded Chrysler Vipers, The RT/10 part referred to the Model but up to 1996 the Coupe was not available. These Vipers were the first Gen cars.

1996 -2002 Export models available, Chrysler Vipers, Dodge Vipers (for the US market) 1996 saw the introduction of the Coupe named a Viper GTS the soft top RT/10 also available. These cars are known as Gen II models. Also a Track /Sport model was produced called an ACR (American Club Racer) So a Coupe Viper would be known as a Viper GTS /ACR.

2003 saw a new design for the car the car was also renamed SRT/10 (something to do with a legal issue in europe over the name 'Viper').
No Coupes available, these cars had a folding soft top.
In 2005 a Coupe was introduced which ran along side the Convertible until end 2006

2008 - 2010 the Gen IV Viper models were produced also called SRT/10s Both coupe and Convertible shared the SRT/10 name. Again for the Gen IV models an ACR version was also available.

2013 New Gen V Viper produced, Dodge Name dropped, Rebranded with SRT (Street Racing Technology)
Base model called SRT Viper (coupe only)

Luxury version of the car also produced named SRT Viper GTS.

The earlier Viper ACR option is not currently available but a Track version of the above cars is available called a Viper T/A (time attack).

The SRT Name has now been dropped and the cars are back under the Dodge Name.

Now like any manufacture, there were also limited edition models produced, more info here :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Viper

Got It?

OP
OP
D

DroolSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. Thanks for that history, I truly appreciate that.

Let me ask you this while I got you here. Since the build to order is not up I am still sketchy on all the details.
When someone says they have a GTS with the track package are they referring to having at T/A or is the track package an option that allows you to retain all the GTS ride settings with what I assume is upgraded brakes etc?

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I smell an extremely faint essence of Troll. Not quite sure the sub species...could be Mountain, Cave, or Clown.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I smell an extremely faint essence of Troll. Not quite sure the sub species...could be Mountain, Cave, or Clown.
You should open a window, LOL !!!

It sure would be nice to have a thread that explains the different versions/options of the Gen V as a sticky at the top of that forum. I can't say that I know what makes a track pack or on what cars it was optional, or that you can get this hood as an option on that model, or this interior on that package, etc. Perhaps it is so complicated that no one really does know what is/was available.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4