i'm sick of haters!

foolinjected

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i\'m sick of haters!

i went out clubing tonight and it never fails. why do so many people hate us for driving the cars we love? :mad: half the dudes at the bars want to fight, or tell me my car ***** etc... but the a-hole that took the cake was the one that spit on my damn car!! don't worry he got what he had coming. i still don't feel any better though. nights like tonight make me not want to drive my car in the city anymore. i seem to get a lot more negative attention, rather than positive.

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: i\'m sick of haters!

It is called jealousy....and insecurity.....

Save your rides for the nice sunny days...NOT the bar hopping. Too many flunkys get their wimpy beer muscles. And someone might even be brave enough to key it for you. Not good.

Dave

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

foolinjected ~ Well its good to know you didn't let him get away with it. I only take my Viper out to the bar every once in a while, due to jealous idiots like that guy.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<< It is called jealousy....and insecurity..... >>

it is also called poverty.

and i agree with dave. there is no WAY i would drive my viper to go "clubbing". too many jealous idiots out there as it is, then you are going to give these people alchohol and show them your viper?!! :eek:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dunno what kind of bars you go to but in the many years I've had my Viper I've had very few negative encounters.

Slip the valet some money and park it up front.

2000gtsgsxr1000

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Guys are jealous.I get more women than men talking to me about my car.I always would talk to people with Viper,Ferrari,Vettes etc.when I would see them.The only thing that ****** me off is the ones with nice cars that go to their heads.Some of Viper owners think their s--- don't stink.I joined a car club not a country club. I take my time to talk to these people and be nice.Ya the same questions get old, but I like talking about my car.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've never taken my Viper clubbing, but when I do, I'll definitly be doing like Chuck said and parking up front. Its well worth $20 or so to not to be worried about whats happening to your car out in the parking lot.

BOGOTA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Leave the Viper at home when clubbing, you will be inside and the car is outside for some a-hole to mess with. Haters are loosers, just the way it is.
FOOLINJECTED, HOPE YOU SETTLED THE SCORE..

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Guys are jealous.I get more women than men talking to me about my car.I always would talk to people with Viper,Ferrari,Vettes etc.when I would see them.The only thing that ****** me off is the ones with nice cars that go to their heads.Some of Viper owners think their s--- don't stink.I joined a car club not a country club. I take my time to talk to these people and be nice.Ya the same questions get old, but I like talking about my car.
I hear ya, the same question does get old but i like talkin cars anyway and why be an a$$hole just because someone asked you the same question before. when i go to the bar with my car the bouncers are always talkin to me along with eveyone else that sees me roll up. Dosent bother me.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Being asked the same questions over and over are part of driving a car that 99% of the public only dreams about owning. It doesnt bother me at all. I think the "how much did you pay for it?" question is really rude, but I usually just answer with "I got a good deal on it" and leave it at that. I used to talk to every Viper owner I saw about his car and never had any bad experiences. Everyone was always super nice, let me take pics and some even offered to let me sit in their car and take a pic of me. I am now the same way when someone approaches me. It might slow me down 5-10 mins. in a parking lot to talk to someone, let them look at the engine, sit in it, etc., but its worth it to see how happy it can make a person.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Depends on the tax brackets the patrons are in, in the clubs you are going too. If you drive your Viper to a community collage dive bar. They think your some rich kid on a trust fund rubbing their noses in your lucky ***** club benefits. They don’t want to think your just working harder than they are. On the other hand take your club to the sailfish club in Palm Beach and they think your a red neck that doesn’t have enough sense to buy a Ferrari.
We are in a class of our own that few get.

Vipera

Viper Owner
Reaction score

The only club I've ever taken mine to is my club! And even there I park it in the back, so some drunk SOB doesn't mess with it. Punks are everywhere, I find myself becoming more and more defensive as I go through life. Sadly not everyone has a pair of rose colored glasses...

Bernard

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Depends on the tax brackets the patrons are in, in the clubs you are going too. If you drive your Viper to a community collage dive bar. They think your some rich kid on a trust fund rubbing their noses in your lucky ***** club benefits. They don’t want to think your just working harder than they are. On the other hand take your club to the sailfish club in Palm Beach and they think your a red neck that doesn’t have enough sense to buy a Ferrari.
We are in a class of our own that few get.

Very true!!! I always take a cab.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Being asked the same questions over and over are part of driving a car that 99% of the public only dreams about owning. It doesnt bother me at all. I think the "how much did you pay for it?" question is really rude, but I usually just answer with "I got a good deal on it" and leave it at that. I used to talk to every Viper owner I saw about his car and never had any bad experiences. Everyone was always super nice, let me take pics and some even offered to let me sit in their car and take a pic of me. I am now the same way when someone approaches me. It might slow me down 5-10 mins. in a parking lot to talk to someone, let them look at the engine, sit in it, etc., but its worth it to see how happy it can make a person.

I am the same exact way. Kids always get the most excited and when you say you say they can sit in the car, their face just lights up. Can not beat that.

Midwest Muscle

Viper Owner
Reaction score

The thought of taking the Viper (or any other really nice car) to a club just never occured to me. Maybe with valet parking if I knew the owner, but that would be about it ...

Mike M

OP
OP
F

foolinjected

Viper Owner
Reaction score

i did park right in front of the club. i think that's part of what started it all. i'm "mr. nice guy" to everyone. i'd rather buy a guy a beer than fight a guy. i was in downtown kirkland. a very upscale community. next time i'm taking a cab. nothing's worse than going out and being the sober one. it's been so long since i've gone out...lesson learned. i guess when you drive one of the coolest cars your always set up to take good and bad reactions. funny that all the bad reactions to my cars and girls have always involved drunk losers...

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I got into a semi-heated conversation with a drunk SOB last weekend while I was out in my Viper. He came up to me and a buddy of mine (who was in his 99' Corvette) in a parking lot and trashed the cars, us, etc. If he had done anything stupid like spitting on the cars, kicking them, etc., we were both ready to pummel him into the ground.

Greg D

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"a car that 99% of the public only dreams about owning"

What are you driving, a F0RD GT 40? Lambo? Ferrari?

"Dunno what kind of bars you go to but in the many years I've had my Viper I've had very few negative encounters."

Amen brother! While I don't go clubbing as much as I used to, I've never have a bad experience.

"Some of Viper owners think their s--- don't stink."

You hit the proverbial nail on the head. You would be surprised how many Viper owners bring it upon their selves. I truly believe it's the owner's attitude not the car that turn people off. Leave your Armani, Rolex and Pliners at home when you go to an establishment that serves dollar drafts. :rolleyes:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"a car that 99% of the public only dreams about owning"

What are you driving, a F0RD GT 40? Lambo? Ferrari?

If you take the total # of people (or just Viper fans) in the country and then do the math to see what % actually owns a Viper, its not going to be very high. Even though Vipers dont cost $200,000, its still a rare occurence to see one

ViperCrazed

Enthusiast
Reaction score

agreed. At the show I went to tonight, it didnt matter what "group" of people you belonged to. The Viper drew ALL the attention. there was 200 to 300K dollar cars there that was walked by to get to see the new FE.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You hit the proverbial nail on the head. You would be surprised how many Viper owners bring it upon their selves. I truly believe it's the owner's attitude not the car that turn people off. Leave your Armani, Rolex and Pliners at home when you go to an establishment that serves dollar drafts.

"Some of Viper owners think their s--- don't stink."
It not that you think your [******] don't stink, it's that if you show up in a nice car or wearing nice cloth, people pick you for a target that they can rip off or mooch money from. You keep your guard up, which some “ under achievers” may perceive as arrogant, it just life for the movers and shakers of the world.

If you REALLY want to own your dream car “pull your pants up, turn your hat around, and get a frick’in job! Don’t be pissed at the one that did.

Greg D

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"If you take the total # of people (or just Viper fans) in the country and then do the math to see what % actually owns a Viper, its not going to be very high. Even though Vipers dont cost $200,000, its still a rare occurence to see one"

It IS rare to see a Viper. For every Viper you see, you will see about 25 Vettes. But then for every F0RD GT you see you'll see a dozen Vipers, and not 99% of the public dream about owning a Viper.

Reaction score

If you REALLY want to own your dream car “pull your pants up, turn your hat around, and get a frick’in job! Don’t be pissed at the one that did.

AMEN man. Few seem to get that in our society today. That and common sense.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"If you take the total # of people (or just Viper fans) in the country and then do the math to see what % actually owns a Viper, its not going to be very high. Even though Vipers dont cost $200,000, its still a rare occurence to see one"

It IS rare to see a Viper. For every Viper you see, you will see about 25 Vettes. But then for every F0RD GT you see you'll see a dozen Vipers, and not 99% of the public dream about owning a Viper.

hmm... considering the GT has only been around for 2 years, is it THAT surprising? That said, in the last month, I've seen 2 GT's and 3 Vipers... hardly 1 to 12. :rolleyes:

Also, Ford can't stay in the game long enough to keep making GT's, so after 3 yrs, they'll stop making them. A fairer comparison would be how many GT's you see vs. how many 2003-2005 SRT's you run into. You'll realize then that the numbers are a lot closer. :buttkick:

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Are you sure your not the guy that spit on our Viper brothers Viper? You sure do seem like a hater yourself,and yes 99% of the population does dream about owning a Viper. Own a Viper first before you start spouting off small-time!!! :bonker:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thats why I put "or just Viper fans" in parentheses. Take the # of people who are admitted Viper fans and then do the math to see which % of them really own a Viper. I've been told PLENTY of times "Vipers are my dreamcar", but except for VCA events, I've seen under 10 Vipers on the streets in the last year. And 4 of those were seen while I was going to/in FL last year for Memorial Day. I know Ford GT's, Lambos, and Ferraris are rarer, but thats partly because of an inflated price that Dodge didnt stick on Vipers and the fact that most cars like that are garage queens anyway. Most Viper guys seem to DRIVE their cars, which makes them easier to spot.

Greg D

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"Are you sure your not the guy that spit on our Viper brothers (brother"s) Viper? You sure do seem like a hater yourself,and yes 99% of the population does dream about owning a Viper. "

It didn't take long for your true colors to show. Calling me a hater because I disagree with the egotistical [******] that was being shoveled around here in the name of soothing someone's hurt feelings? REALITY CHECK, not everyone dreams about owning a Viper. While at the local street races/Cruise spot last night, I asked around about Vipers, Ford GT's and Corvettes, the big three’s sports cars. EVERYONE unanimously agreed the Ford GT was the one car they would do just about anything to own. The Viper and 06 ZO6 Corvette were a virtual dead heat, BUT no one claimed to dream about owning a Viper OR Corvette.

"Own a Viper first before you start spouting off small-time!!!"

I would venture to say I have owned my Viper longer than you have owned your Viper, that is unless they built 98's before 97's. :buttkick:

Additionally, I have been a member here for a couple of years longer than you to boot!

"but that’s partly because of an inflated price that Dodge didn’t stick on Vipers"

Yeah right, there is no inflation in a MSRP of $83K? It sure sounds like the 06 Z06 is a steal then at $65K.

I like my 97 GTS, but I don't like the holier than thou attitude that seems to permeate this thread.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"but that’s partly because of an inflated price that Dodge didn’t stick on Vipers"

Yeah right, there is no inflation in a MSRP of $83K? It sure sounds like the 06 Z06 is a steal then at $65K.

I like my 97 GTS, but I don't like the holier than thou attitude that seems to permeate this thread.

yes, the 06' Z06 is a steal if you dont mind seeing yourself at every redlight. And if you wanna go by pure performance, yea the 06' Z is a better buy. But a Viper is a better buy than a Lambo, Ferrari, or Ford GT b/c for the difference in cost, you can have a Viper that will smoke any of them with some mods. I think very few people here have a holier than thou attitude. A guy's car got spit on. Most likely simply because of what type car it was. If I drove a POS car and someone spit on it, I'd still be PISSED. Just b/c the guy drives a Viper doesnt mean he should have to put up with people spitting on it.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It didn't take long for your true colors to show. Calling me a hater because I disagree with the egotistical [******] that was being shoveled around here in the name of soothing someone's hurt feelings? REALITY CHECK, not everyone dreams about owning a Viper. While at the local street races/Cruise spot last night, I asked around about Vipers, Ford GT's and Corvettes, the big three’s sports cars. EVERYONE unanimously agreed the Ford GT was the one car they would do just about anything to own. The Viper and 06 ZO6 Corvette were a virtual dead heat, BUT no one claimed to dream about owning a Viper OR Corvette.

I'll repeat what I said earlier. Thats why I put "or just Viper fans" in parentheses. Take the # of people who are admitted Viper fans and then do the math to see which % of them really own a Viper. I've been told PLENTY of times "Vipers are my dreamcar", but except for VCA events, I've seen under 10 Vipers on the streets in the last year.

If you take the people who do like Vipers and see how many own one, its gonna be a very low %. To me (and this is just my 0.02), A Viper is a dreamcar. A Ford GT is a dreamcar (I'm not a fan though), but it costs double what a new Viper does and does not have double the performance. A Vette Z06 is a fast car.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte