IN/KY VCA's Annual Autocross at Tire Rack 7/25/09...

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
EVENT REMINDER:

Saturday, July 25, 2009...IN/KY VCA's Annual Autocross at Tire Rack, South Bend IN...9:00 AM-3:00 PM EDT. This event is open to Members and their guests.

PLEASE NOTE: NO ONE under 18 years of age will be permitted on the course or in the staging/timing area !!!

Plan to be at Tire Rack by 9:00 AM EDT...as, shortly thereafter, Host/Autocross Director Luke Pavlick will hold a drivers & workers meeting followed by a track walk-through.

Saturday, July 25, 2009...NOON to 1:00 PM EDT...IN/KY VCA business meeting at Tire Rack, South Bend IN. Pizza will be served for lunch.

A "convoy" will depart the NORTH Indy-Carmel area at 6:30 AM EDT. The group will meet at the Starbucks on the SOUTHEAST corner of the intersection of U.S. 31 and 126th St. (noting that 126th St. is also called West Carmel Drive). This Starbucks is approximately 3 miles NORTH of the I-465 beltway's Exit 31.....RIGHT ON U.S. 31.

Click here: Directions to The Tire Rack's South Bend location

Remember that this is a "low key" and informal event...with timing done by a hand held stopwatch.

Bring your FRS radios (such as the Motorola Talkabout)...tuning them to the IN/KY "convoy settings"...channel "5", security code "0".

IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO BE SURE THAT YOUR CAR IS MECHANICALLY SAFE AND READY FOR THIS EVENT !!!

BRING YOUR DRIVING HELMET !!!

Need tires for this event??? Contact Luke Pavlick at 1-888-541-1777...Extension 362 ASAP !!

Tire Rack's service area IS OPEN Saturday from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM EDT.

For more info, please contact Steve Fess.

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Hi, SNAKE BITE.

This is a very informal gathering...with a very diverse group of Vipers and many other types of cars...with hardly enough of any kind to have "classes".

Feel free to join us!!!

Luke@tirerack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will have my 911 there ... or my Passat ... or the Honda Odyssey .... decisions, decisions

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Time is getting short with only 2 more days until the autocross!!

Weather forecast for Saturday: partly cloudy, 60% chance of precipitation, possible thunder showers.

Remember that we will eat at noon...during a short Club meeting.

See you there !!

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
WEATHER UPDATE: According to a local TV station, the rain that has been forecast for Saturday is now expected to move through the Indy area in the early morning. Of course, we will still face the chance of "scattered thunderstorms" throughout Indiana later in the day.

IN/KY VCA's Annual Autocross at Tire Rack, South Bend IN...9:00 AM-3:00 PM EDT. This event is open to Members and their GUESTS.

PLEASE NOTE: NO ONE under 18 years of age will be permitted on the course or in the staging/timing area !!!

The Tire Rack"convoy" will depart the NORTH Indy-Carmel area at 6:30 AM EDT. The group will meet at the Starbucks on the SOUTHEAST corner of the intersection of U.S. 31 and 126th St. (noting that 126th St. is also called West Carmel Drive). This Starbucks is approximately 3 miles NORTH of the I-465 beltway's Exit 31.....RIGHT ON U.S. 31.

Click here: Directions to The Tire Rack's South Bend location

IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO BE SURE THAT YOUR CAR IS MECHANICALLY SAFE AND READY FOR THIS EVENT !!!

BRING YOUR DRIVING HELMET !!!

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Well, my radar check in the early AM did not hold...multiple rainshowers were encountered along the road north.

The course at Tire Rack was mostly dry, however...noting that there were a few raindrops on the windshields in the AM .

The weather worked against attendance , BUT, those who participated were rewarded with a ton of track time on a very challenging "Luke Pavlick Special" autocross course!!

Luke also gave us the million dollar tour. Though I personally have been attending these events for many years, today I (we) saw many new, behind-the-scene things, and learned a huge amount about tires, wheels, applications, race history, and the mind boggling size of this very successful and respected business!!!

The afternoon skies were sunny, and more track time was logged by all...with considerable improvements noted in the lap times.

MANY THANKS to Luke and Tire Rack for allowing us to visit and participate!!! And another "thank you" to all of our members and guests for participating!!!

Luke@tirerack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, It was great seeing you guys again this year. I'm sure that everybody in attendance had a great time with lots of seat time and lot's of fun.

P.S. thanks for the pizza as well.