******* in TAMPA

GTS1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tonight in Tampa it was only about 70 degrees with low humidity. Of course I took the Roadster out WITHOUT the top. Man, what a nice friggin car this is. We don’t get weather like this that often in Tampa, but being able to drive ******* for the few days that are like this, makes choosing an RT/10 over a GTS so worth it.

I had a newer BMW weave through traffic just to catch up to me. When it finally got next to me the driver, a mid 40’s man, nodded his head to me. His wife looked embarrassed. I gave him a thumbs up. We were in 2 left turn lanes, wating to get onto the highway. When we straightened out I punched it. My back end started breaking loose so I eased up on (but did not release) the throttle.

The BMW was not racing me, but I gave him a good show. As I pulled second the back end start giving again. It started fishtailing but not too badly. This time I kept the same pressure on the throttle but I was able to steer out of the fishtail. Then, without letting up on the gas and before getting complete control the rear end started slightly fishtailing the other way. Again I was able to steer out of that one also, without letting up on the gas. One second later, without letting up on the gas the tires caught traction, and I was gone.

I let up just a few seconds later, at about 80 mph or so. Again, the BMW was not racing but I’m sure he enjoyed the show. :headbang:

zracer196

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know what you mean about the temps! Here in Central Florida...Last two mornings low 60's...

Here I am about to let the Viper go! I did drive it the last two days to work. A rarity! BUT I think today is the LAST drive in it!

SAD days...

OP
OP
G

GTS1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why are you selling?

I know what you mean about the temps! Here in Central Florida...Last two mornings low 60's...

Here I am about to let the Viper go! I did drive it the last two days to work. A rarity! BUT I think today is the LAST drive in it!

SAD days...