Install of 1.7 T&D Roller rockers ???

wesman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do the heads need to come off to install these ? What about milling ? I thought they were a relatively easy install with mechnical knowlege.

Anyone know a general price/labor hours on this install ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

--wes

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No the heads do not need to come off. Just remove the valve covers. They are very easy to do yourself. There is a section on this site called howto that can help. Not very hard...

Thanks,

Rich

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what sort of performance gains could I expect from this mod? I'm sure it a makes a big difference in the way the valvetrain sounds...

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most pickup about 10-15 rwhp, and you do hear some more noise with them.

As for the longer pushrods, most do need to replace the pushrods. They can be bought thru Summit or Jegs custom lenths(usually Trickflows rods). Most use a 7.650" length pushrods, but can be anywhere from 7.500" to 7.700".

I am selling a set of Mopars(T&Ds) 1.7s for $850 shipped, PM me if interested.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Crower roller rockers installed, and went to install a set of T&Ds last weekend, and the set came with a stand height gage tool that measures the top of the valve stem (when the valve is closed) relative to the rocker shaft.
It's fine if the valve stem is too high (needs shims) or if it is just right. But mine was too low, wherein the instructions recommended to "remove a corresponding amount of material from the stud bosses on the cylinder head:. :eek:

I'm not sure if that means removing the heads to get them machined, or if somehow the stud bosses on the heads can be shaved down with them still attached.

Either way it stopped my T&D RRs install dead cold, and I was also uncertain if I needed longer rods for the installation as well.

So far I went back and reinstalled the Crowers, which have worked fine for around 3 years now.

If someone has some detailed info about this I'd gladly welcome it, but right now the T&D install doesn't fit as a "bolt-on" install, with a lack of detailed instructions for the non-professional, and possible machining work needed. :(

CANTDRIVE55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

I had to have my stud bosses machined by Mike Malone at Machine Works to get the proper geometry. I have a Comp cam as well, needed different length pushrods. IMO, do it right and have the heads machined.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call a couple of the tuners, get the PROs advice! Macedo Motorsports 407-246-6511, Heffner's Performance 941-359-0900 or DLM 305-249-7223

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I went with 1.75 ratio T&D rockers (stock is 1.73) RSI dd the install, and they were suprised by the power gain ... why go down to 1.70? (unless you have some other big power mods)