Installation of 5pt Harness into '00 Viper RT/10

Surly 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Installation of 5pt Harness into \'00 Viper RT/10

Viper Nation,

I could sure use some help with the installation of my TeamTech 5 pt Harness. I am attempting to attach some photos of the rear panel behind the seats with only one mounting balsa per side. The revealed holes however, are not threaded. I have spoken to several individuals regarding this matter and have been informed that the holes ARE there and ARE threaded. I have opened the silver tape and removed the tar-like caulk inside on both holes only to find no threads.

With regard to the missing holes, I obtained a template from Jon @ PartsRack and have found no area perforations. Additionally, a 1997 GTS was there having a Harness installed and the pilot holes were where they are supposed to be. We referenced their locations and still came up with nothing on the 00 RT. Are we missing something or is this one that slipped past inspections?

Image001.jpg

Image003.jpg

OP
OP
S

Surly 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Installation of 5pt Harness into \'00 Viper RT/10

Having trouble uploading photos, have 3. submit email and I can send them for review.

Thanks again

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Installation of 5pt Harness into \'00 Viper RT/10

Surly1,
I found the same thing when we install my 5pts.
just need to drill a hole where there were dimps in the fiberglass, no templete needed.

Just the way it is for the RT/10 i guess.

JIM

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheHunter