Installed my Doug Shelby Engineering battery cover

RolandDV

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I few weeks ago I stumbled accross the thread of Doug Shelby where I read about the new battery panel he made for the Viper. My viper is a daily driver but for winter storage or when doing upgrades I need access to the battery. In the past I removed the panel a few time and already wondered about the pour design. First you need a bit and powertool to get the plate off and once it is off mine popped directly in a wave form and it was a pain to install it again.

So when I have read the thread of Doug’s custom battery access panel with fasteners I thought this might be the perfect solution. I contacted Doug right away via private message and within a few hours he answered all my questions and I bought the panel.

Although Doug shipped it right away it took 2,5 weeks to arrive thanks to Belgium Customs who need more then 1 week to get it cleared. When the package showed up at our doorstead I was very anxious to get it installed. As soon as I opened up the box I had an immediate WOW factor. The panel itself feels lighter then the original BUT is definitly more rigid! You canot flex this panel like the original.

I have read the instructions for installing which is piece of cake. The instructions say that you need tot o install it handtight so you can adust all the nuts etc but I don’t know why Doug included this step as it is a 1000% fit without needing any adjustment. It is made with the precission of a surgeons scalpel!

Doug, if you read this thanks again and keep on doing your angineering stuff on our Vipers!

Here are some pictures of the installation. I will soon upload more pics when I find out what the problem is. The forum tells me I exceed my quotum.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

SSGNRDZ_28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roland,

Thanks for taking the time to do a review. Glad to have one of my parts over in Belgium! Hope to see more pictures if you figure out how to upload them. Some of your car would be great too!

As you said, there is instruction to do a test fit on the panel first before tightening everything down completely but every one I’ve installed has fit perfectly on the first try.

I’m glad you are happy with the cover, it is one of those things you might not think you need but can’t live without once you’ve had it.

I hope to have some new products in the works soon…

Thanks!
Doug