installing clear corners

22YRSOLD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to take out the factory corners and pop in the new ones? any tips or tricks to make life easier for me?

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cannot belive that 20 mins have gone by without someone posting.
10mm 6point deep on a 1/4" drive ratchet. Pull the ********* rubber plug out from the wheelwell and remove the thing. 2 nuts, one twist out bulb socket.
Now that I've posted someone will correct me on the socket size, type and size of drive, the rubber plug is most likely know by some other technical name and myriad other nit picky things. Flame suit on and powered up. GO!

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I removed the front fascia to install mine as I had to adjust it anyway. Each light has two nuts holding it and is seated in the fascia very snugly.

I have heard of others doing the install by removing the fasteners just on the inner lip of the fenderwell and pulling the fascia lip away to reach inside. This gives you more room than just reaching through the rubber plug. It seems like you would need small hands to remove the lights this way.

DrDJ

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to take out the factory corners and pop in the new ones? any tips or tricks to make life easier for me?

If you do it with the tires on you will have to take out the fender well screws and carefully pull the facia back until you can reach behind it and then use your socket to unscrew and install new corners unless you have triple jointed wrists, pretty simple though, acess hole is tough if your tires are on.

FLX109

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I cannot belive that 20 mins have gone by without someone posting.
10mm 6point deep on a 1/4" drive ratchet. Pull the ********* rubber plug out from the wheelwell and remove the thing. 2 nuts, one twist out bulb socket.
Now that I've posted someone will correct me on the socket size, type and size of drive, the rubber plug is most likely know by some other technical name and myriad other nit picky things. Flame suit on and powered up. GO!

Exactly correct. I was able to do it with the tires on by turning them in and laying on my back using my left hand to do the passenger side and my right hand to do the drivers side.

My next mod to get rid of the remaining orange will be the red tail light overlays that BAT offers.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taking the tires off honestly will save you the most time. the 5 minutes it takes to remove the tires, will save some cursing and aggravation.

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did mine through the ********* rubber plug. Turning the wheels left or right to gain more room helped. Took all of 15 minutes... only cursed a few times...all in all very simple.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did mine through the ********* rubber plug. Turning the wheels left or right to gain more room helped. Took all of 15 minutes... only cursed a few times...all in all very simple.

That's how i did mine to....

OP
OP

22YRSOLD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im still trying to figure out what people would do without this site. lol.. Thanks guys. Ill try the rubber plug and see what happens....

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
It depends on what Gen car you have. My gen II was easy - through the black plug without taking tires off. However my Gen I was harder. The plug is about 8 inches lower and there's no way I could get my big hand up to the light. I ended up removing the facia. Gen II was MUCH easier.