Insurance Adjustor Trying To Give Me 36k For Totaled Acr??!

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I was afraid this would happened. Spoke with the GMAC adjustor on Saturday, took them nearly 2 weeks to get an appraiser to see the car and finish the paperwork. Of course it was written up as a total loss, now they say that the car has a book value of 36k, they have NO idea what an ACR edition is- only a GTS. I laughed at the adjustor and told him to find me ANY ACR for 36k and I'd buy it.

Anyway good news is he told me if I could fax him a window sticker showing the Competition group ACR package as a $10k option, the stripes as a $2500 option, and the comfort group as a $1k option (he doesnt' beleive that AC was an option)! that he would work with me. I hope I don't get screwed on this deal. A kind member of the VCA is going to fax me his window sticker tomorrow, if ANYONE out there has any advice I would sure listen! I am going to call JonB tomorrow and see if he can help at all!

I JUST WANT MY VIPER BACK! LOL. I am looking at the one in Ft Lauderdale right now, but can't get it for 46k, much less 36!

OP
OP
J

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah I was mad the rest of the day yesterday. heck they gave me 32k for a totaled '01 Mustang Cobra in 2002, you'd think they would do a little better on a car that sticker for nearly 90,000 (the mustang was only 34k new)

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
haha, I wrecked my 99 cobra in 00 and still got 27k for it. I know what you mean about the viper. You will get it taken care of.

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here is a 2002. Jon B is supposed to the the man when dealing with insurance companies.

ACRwinstick.jpg

Burt G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope you get every nickle that car was worth! Not many clean ACR's priced below $40K

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I JUST WANT MY VIPER BACK! LOL. I am looking at the one in Ft Lauderdale right now, but can't get it for 46k, much less 36!

If your looking @ the 99 ACR @ Rick Case have Tator run the vin# for you. I called him about it and there has been a lot of service work preformed on the car for some reason. He can fax it all to you.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this. What are you looking to get for it. You don't see many ACR's for under 50's. Did you try printing some ads to show him what they go for? I think BJ Motors has some ACR's on his web site. Maybe try Ebay too.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They have to pay you market value. If you don't like their version of Market Value copy some ads and take them in to them. They'll deduct about 10% unless it's a 'sold' deal.

My insurance paid me $5,000 towards modifications and $1,000 extra for electronics and stereo upgrades above the car's value as well. In BC with taxes (about $8,000) they finally wrote me cheques that equalled about $73,000, final payout for my 98 Roe GTS with 28,000 miles.

Ted

puma

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am in the same boat as you, my insurrance company wants to give me 20k canadian less than what it will cost me to buy an other one.

I guess it will end up in court...

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
In the future, you may wish to establish the "agreed upon value" with your insurance carrier for each car on a yearly basis. Of course, the more value agreed upon, the more the premium. Having this defined "up front" generally translates into "value" if something does happen to the car.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the future, you may wish to establish the "agreed upon value" with your insurance carrier for each car on a yearly basis. Of course, the more value agreed upon, the more the premium. Having this defined "up front" generally translates into "value" if something does happen to the car.

The only problem with many of those insurers is that you are limited on where you can drive and even park the car. Kinda gets a bit ridiculous.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sorry to hear about that. Stick it to the insurance company and let us know what the end result is. Also I would say to give JonB a call. He seems to know all when it comes to this issue.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
"The only problem with many of those insurers is that you are limited on where you can drive and even park the car. Kinda gets a bit ridiculous."

Actually...NOT at all limited...can drive our Vipers anywhere, as much as we like...for any porpose. Try Fireman's Fund or Chubb.

TrainerDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah I was mad the rest of the day yesterday. heck they gave me 32k for a totaled '01 Mustang Cobra in 2002, you'd think they would do a little better on a car that sticker for nearly 90,000 (the mustang was only 34k new)
That really *****, I am one of the other 35(I thought it was 26) Black/silver 99 ACR's hated to see those pics of your car.:(

ACRSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to buy a 99 ACR for $36K. Problem is they don't exist. Good luck with the battle. Insurance co.'s are a pain in the a$$.

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you still need a letter I am happy to help, call me tomorrow if JonB is not available I have helped several forum members out with values on their cars with documentation and using the CPI Book.

Bernie

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how many miles are on the car.also you can ck what other models like yours are going for to show him an example,if you had any mechanical repairs recently that could also help ,like maybe new tires,brakes etc.good luck

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear your story and see the pictures of your ACR. Not sure where you left it off with your friend who was driving the car? Did you ask him to file a claim on his policy? Is your ins. co going to subrogate the claim against his company? He needs to pay and pay what it would take to replace. Get w/JonB and other experts on valuations. I had a shop total an '06 I put 250 miles on, in the end I came out OK but lot's of stress. Do your homework/research/persistance and it will work out.

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to hijack the post, but I thought I'd chime in and do some promo for the insurance company I use.

If possible, I HIGHLY recommend USAA.

It started out available only to officers, then servicemen and women in general. Now I believe almost anyone can become a member, though I'd have to check on that.

Basically, whenever I've had to submit a claim they are johnny-on-the-spot and cut the check right quick. I was in a bad accident several years ago when my C5 was totaled. I had some aftermarket electronics in it like nav and satellite security since it was my daily car. I didn't get much towards the add-ons, but I got 38k for a 2000 C5 which was three years old and had 40k miles. That blew any private sale or trade in value out of the water. Not to mention they came through on my medical bills without a hitch. And I got the check 3 days after the accident. The only hold-up was waiting for the body shop to have their say on it.

Most importantly. Having been a member for 12 years... and this is with the one wreck, no other accidents, but several tickets when I was 16 or so... I have coverage to $1M and no other insurance company has beat the USAA rates for me yet, though I've shopped around.

USAA - the service, quality and cost can't be beat. Even if another cost less, I've become a brand loyalist.

I can't say enough good things about this company. :usa:

djacob372

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no such thing as a valid "book value" for a viper. kbb, and nada use calculations for age and milage that just don't apply to vipers.

I suggest finding out exactly where they're getting thier value from, and then go after that sources credability be requesting the data they use to come up with the numbers.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no such thing as a valid "book value" for a viper. kbb, and nada use calculations for age and milage that just don't apply to vipers.
If your state has property tax, these books are very well suited since they lower your assessment. But for insurance, nah!

ACRSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you still need a letter I am happy to help, call me tomorrow if JonB is not available I have helped several forum members out with values on their cars with documentation and using the CPI Book.

Bernie

Just another reason why I love this forum. Good people willing to lend a hand. Good to see in this day and age.

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The FE group is listed as $3000

Was'nt the stripes an $2500 option in 02?

If so the numbered dash plaque was worth $500?

Luc 00GTS

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got hit by a government truck, and afterwards they told me the "salvage value" of my car was $800.00. It was a 1984 FILA Edition Thunderbird and I had just put in a new motor. I told them I didn't car what the salvage value of the car was because it was worth 5 times that right before it was wrecked, and that's what I expected to get. I had spent a few months working on the car and I could smell the fresh paint on the motor as I sat on the curb and watched antifreeze coming out from underneath the car. I put the license plates on THAT MORNING and just filled up the tank with gas.

I ended up getting a reasonable amount, but it took a lot of time, receipts and determination.

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I also don't want to hijack the thread, but I'm having trouble getting fair market value for my totalled 2005 SRT10 Viper convert with USAA. By all means call Jon Brobst at Partsrack. He co-authored the Viper Buyer's Guide, and he said the $57189 they offered me was way low. They figured $64000 to repair the car, and set the salvage at $26000+, some 46% of the amount they had offered me. I checked cars.com, autotrader, Dupont Registry and VCA classifieds, some 41 2005 cars, and the average was $68,800. The USAA computer service found only 3 cars, all at used car lots (which is indicative that the cars were rebuilds, neglected or abused, unlike my pristine car, like-new condition with new tires and full Bellanger headers, cats, mufflers and exhaust pipes, Hurst shifter, etc worth $8000+), so I suggested the supervisor add 3 cars at $57,189, totaling 44 cars, and then see that the average retail was still over $68000. Even 2004's on VCA board were bringing $57000+ with the same mileage as my car. I hope they treat me right. Jon said I needed a mid-sixties for my car, so you need to see what he says about your car. I'll let you know-maybe tomorrow-if USAA comes through. I've been a customer of theirs with hardly any claims at all, for more than 18 years. They OUGHT to do right by me. We'll see.....

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also don't want to hijack the thread, but I'm having trouble getting fair market value for my totalled 2005 SRT10 Viper convert with USAA. By all means call Jon Brobst at Partsrack. He co-authored the Viper Buyer's Guide, and he said the $57189 they offered me was way low. They figured $64000 to repair the car, and set the salvage at $26000+, some 46% of the amount they had offered me. I checked cars.com, autotrader, Dupont Registry and VCA classifieds, some 41 2005 cars, and the average was $68,800. The USAA computer service found only 3 cars, all at used car lots (which is indicative that the cars were rebuilds, neglected or abused, unlike my pristine car, like-new condition with new tires and full Bellanger headers, cats, mufflers and exhaust pipes, Hurst shifter, etc worth $8000+), so I suggested the supervisor add 3 cars at $57,189, totaling 44 cars, and then see that the average retail was still over $68000. Even 2004's on VCA board were bringing $57000+ with the same mileage as my car. I hope they treat me right. Jon said I needed a mid-sixties for my car, so you need to see what he says about your car. I'll let you know-maybe tomorrow-if USAA comes through. I've been a customer of theirs with hardly any claims at all, for more than 18 years. They OUGHT to do right by me. We'll see.....

You have to stay on USAA. Keep pushing them and keep pumping them the information they're missing. I don't believe USAA insures a lot of exotics...so this may be new territory to them. My opinion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine