Insurance Mavin Wanted

HiYoSilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since I have the SRT-10 I have put on nearly 2600 fantstic miles in 7 months. My colectible insurance limit is 3000 miles/yr. I would like to find a company that is out there for full protection. Only problem - one six point speeding ticket the first week with the car on the way to the dealer. (And took a 4 point reduction course already) Hartford said no dice. Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance. Bob S

OP
OP
H

HiYoSilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS- No previous accidents or speeding tickets in over 8 years on my previous RT/10. And, oh yes, got a new radar detector, Solo II and I avoid THAT (speed trap) highway !!

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob,
I have found Liberty Mutual to be a good source, especially if you have another car that you also insure. You put that on as your primary car and the Viper on as the secondary. I have two Vipers on my policy. Full coverage, including high liability limits on both and pay about $2500. You may pay a tad more because of the tickets, but perhaps not because it looks like you don't live in a large urban area. Good luck.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy a Valentine V! to start w/!!! Take every ticket to court, worst case is you pay your fine and get your points, best case its dismissed. I've got AAA ins. actually quite reasonable, not mileage limitations,(6,700 since january) good luck.

OP
OP
H

HiYoSilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Russ and Sylvan, I solved the problem - Great American who I have used for the past 8 years with the RT/10 agreed to extend my mileage another 2000 miles for $300 more. Seems like a good technique till the 6 pt violation comes off in 1 and half years. Then I will put all the cars under one company including the Viper. I appreciate your input.
By the way I did get new custom plates right after the ticket << HI YO SLVR >> so far that and the Solo has helped. Not that I am superstitious of course. Bob

farrbar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I pay $1,050 for an '01 RT/10 per year with no mileage limits (it actually is only about $700 because I only keep comprehensive in the witer). I am with Travelers and am only 27. Also have a 2003 Ram (Hemi) for $500 per year and a 2002 T-Bird for $725. Coverage is 500K csl, with $1000 deductible.

Farrbar

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang