Insurance value of totaled 97 GTs

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, a friend totaled 97 his GTs with 24000 miles.
Insurance company is State Farm. How do these companies figure out what to pay for the car? Any idea of what State Farm will pay for it?
thanks!
JC

treed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless it's insured specifically for "replacement cost" along with an "appraised" value, he will most likely get Kelly Blue Book...

2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless he provides research on the actual value they'll pay him book value, which is probably $10k too low.

Bill

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When my '98 Silver/Blue GTS was totaled several years ago, my insurance company obtained current pricing on comparable vipers from car dealers, and from the Internet, and gave me a very fair settlement. If your friend doesn't like the settlement offer, suggest to him that he call his adjuster and try to pursue that as an alternative.

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well if his is worried about insurance money he must be OK, that is good. One less Viper on the road.... Or maybe another clean FL car.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would suggest contacting JonB at Parts Rack. I know he has been of great value in establishing the value of these cars to insurance companies. Plus, he may be a buyer for the car.

MIKE-HKS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JC i have an idea for you
go to kendal chevy behind dadeland mall, they have a 98 gts for around 44k with the same miles 24k they where asking as much as $49,999 for it, go get a buyers order from them for the highest price and sumited to the insurance company. Done deal.

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Man, if the insurance co. gives him blue book value. He aint getting sh_t. Hope the best for him.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte