Interest in a-pillar gauge pod

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For some time now I have seen numerous posts regarding the unavailability of a a-pillar gauge pod for Gen 1 and Gen 2 cars. I have heard that you can buy ones that fit other cars but they don't fit right, there are gaps and just look terrible.
I have been talking with Tony at Autoform about this because I would like a pod for my car. (A pod for the Gen 3 is not that far off) Then, development for the Gen 1 and Gen 2 cars hopefully won't be to far away. I told Tony I would put someting on the board to get a feeling of the level of interest in a dual pod. This is for information purposes only so I can get back with Tony to say that there is or isn't interest in these things.
If you would be interested in a dual a-pillar gauge pod for either a Gen 1 or Gen 2, PM me. Let me know if you have either a Gen 1 or Gen 2 and I will gather the information and let you know the status. Then , if enough interest is out there maybe I can work out a group buy if and when they are made.

Earl_H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen II here...count me in if it actually fits and looks ok.

1MEANSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prince Frederick Maryland, On the Chesapeake Bay
MBX Motorsports will have Gen II dual gauge pods that will be available in less than a month ;) It is being manufactured by Auto Meters gauge pod manufacturer, the number one manufacturer of gauges and pods in the world!

Here is the steering column gauge pod that was just completed that is 100% oem fitment and available now!

You must be registered for see images

These will be listed in the New Product Section once we get a little time to do so! :2tu:

S

SUN RA KAT

Gen II - would like pod for boost and/or fuel pressure and/or A/F.
(Choose 2 out of 3.)

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey!!IEATVETS I am the king of group buys in here and please remember that! :D ;)

I would take another as a spare....without the Viper tax. Where do I get ther steering column one like in the above picture? I like that one.

OP
OP
I

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is great, I have had a lot of responses for this. Keep them coming. The more people that show an interest the more likely that Autoform will make one. By the way, I HAVE contacted Autometer about this and there response to making them was, and I quote, "Not at this time, there aren't enough cars on the road to warrant the cost of manufacture." Anyways, keep the responses coming, I will let you all know what I find out. :D

1MEANSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is great, I have had a lot of responses for this. Keep them coming. The more people that show an interest the more likely that Autoform will make one. By the way, I HAVE contacted Autometer about this and there response to making them was, and I quote, "Not at this time, there aren't enough cars on the road to warrant the cost of manufacture." Anyways, keep the responses coming, I will let you all know what I find out. :D

Let me assure you they are being manufactured and will be available in less than a month! Autometer has their pods manufactured by Gauge Works and they have had my Gen II there for not only the production of the column gauge pods as you see in the picture provided, but also for the dual gauge pod that is in development and will have the R&D finished next week! Autometer wont see them for some time, however they will be available directly from us in less than a month! Gen I and Gen III thereafter :cool:

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about a 3 gauge pod for a Gen III. I have a Ford Mustang 2 gauge that fit okay.

OP
OP
I

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]Let me assure you they are being manufactured and will be available in less than a month! Autometer has their pods manufactured by Gauge Works and they have had my Gen II there for not only the production of the column gauge pods as you see in the picture provided, but also for the dual gauge pod that is in development and will have the R&D finished next week! Autometer wont see them for some time, however they will be available directly from us in less than a month! Gen I and Gen III thereafter :cool:

[/QUOTE]
Mike, that is great. But if you read my original post I said that this is for information purposes only, so I could gauge the level of interest in a pod and then get back to Tony and let him know that there is indeed an interest in this item. I am still collecting names though because maybe Autoforms pod will be out before yours. Maybe the price will be cheaper. Who knows, things change in business on a daily basis and a little healthy competition never hurt anyone. :D

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just keep in mind that the GenI and II dash would probably need to be cut in order to fit your wiring or plumbing to your gauges. There isn't much room to squeeze wiring around the dash facia.

OP
OP
I

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have A BUNCH of names, thanx guys. I will give it this weekend to collect more names and I will call Tony on Monday to discuss the options. I will then PM each of you either on Monday or Tuesday and let you know what is going on. :D

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A little insight, I bought a pillar gauge pod from Vipermed when he was in business. There was a concensus that it was a standard product for a Mustang. It did not fit perfectly, however, that can be corrected. The actual pillar is some form of composite, I merely drilled a single hole in the center of the gauge pod and put in a black self tapping screw into the pillar. The screw pulls the pod tight into the pillar and it looks as good as oem, no gaps and it blends/tucks tight to the windshield frame. If you want to return it to original, remove the pod and put the screw back into the pillar, no one will see it.

1MEANSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey!!IEATVETS I am the king of group buys in here and please remember that! :D ;)

I would take another as a spare....without the Viper tax. Where do I get ther steering column one like in the above picture? I like that one.

AB, the group buy will soon hit the VCA, however you can get it now over at the Alley listed under the same 1MEANSNAKE :2tu:

1MEANSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are finishing up gauge angles tomorrow for the A-pillars and will then proceed to program them and get them ran, trimmed and ready to ship shortly thereafter :)

Our steering column gauge pods are now available and ready to ship tomorrow morning as seen a few pictures up ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felixagg