Interesting Cargo (Shelby GR-1) PICs

BlackVenom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A Ford buddy of mine sent these to me last night.

As with the original Viper, you cannot help but like a car that looks this good in a photograph.

Just imagine it on the road...

1395Shelby_GR1-med.jpg

1395Shelby_GR1b-med.jpg

Very interesting back end on this car.

1395Shelby_GR1c-med.jpg

1395Shelby_GR1d-med.jpg

1395Shelby_GR1g-med.jpg

ShadowFox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW what a car!! 600+Hp.

My dad loves this car and wants to place an order for one.
What surprise me is that he’s a die-hard Chevy man.

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is bad ass!! I really like the looks of that car.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That som ***** would blind you on a sunner day!

I agree with Shelby3, alot of Daytona Coupe in it.

SSLIDER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The man you see standing next to this car is George Saridakis. He is design Mgr. (working under J Mays) at Ford, the man who designed this beast. Unless Ford has recently built a new frame for this car (the original frame cannot support an engine or tranny) and added an engine and tranny, the above statement about this car having a 6.4 litre V-10 is incorrect. This is a non-functional concept car. It dosen't even have a working interior, the windows don't roll down, and the doors don't open. The only functioning parts on this car is the rolling wheels and steering wheel.

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The man you see standing next to this car is George Saridakis. He is design Mgr. (working under J Mays) at Ford, the man who designed this beast. Unless Ford has recently built a new frame for this car (the original frame cannot support an engine or tranny) and added an engine and tranny, the above statement about this car having a 6.4 litre V-10 is incorrect. This is a non-functional concept car. It dosen't even have a working interior, the windows don't roll down, and the doors don't open. The only functioning parts on this car is the rolling wheels and steering wheel.

SSlider you are correct. my bad. i was thinking of the new cobra concept car called daisy. it had the motor i speak of. according to the tv program rides which i watched that did like a 1 hour long documentary on this new shelby GR-1 car > they did say that the car is designed to utilize the engine and drivetrain from the daisy cobra concept car. note the long raised inline hood scoops on the GR-1. those are built into the hood in order to clear the V-10's intake plenums. just like the bubble roof on viper coupes are designed to clear helmets :2tu:

SSLIDER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's MR. SSLIDER to you FAST FREDDY! JUST KIDDING MY FELLOW VIPER FRIEND. I TRY NOT TO SLAM ANYONE THAT MAY HAVE BEEN GIVIN INCORRECT INFORMATION. I too watched the RIDES episode. Better yet, I participated in the Concorso Italiano in Monterey Calif. where the car was unveiled last August and talked with a couple of reps. from Ford. It is a sweet looking car designed by a young man with a bright future. I hope Ford takes it to production.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The word at the Detroit Auto show is that they are going to try to make production for 2006. Current target pricing = $82,000.

Interesting that no one has to explain this design -- it just talks to you. Why the hell do we have to lust after Fords on a Viper site?!! :rolleyes:

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that shelby GR-1 most definately drove onto the stage under its own power. i could hear the engine loud and clear through my speakers. that V-10 sounds better than the vipers V-10. did you hear what that guy said "its capable of triple digit speeds" lol....... i think what he meant to say is that its capable of 200+ mph. if ford builds this car i am buying it and parking it in my garage right next to my viper. i think it looks even better than my viper. check out the doors on that thing. they looks just like the new ford GT in which they cut into the roof, but instead of opening out > they open up like a lamborghini diablo. :cool:

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OH MY! That was a good video. The car sounded excellent. That guy said it best, "more powerful...more emotional design". I wish that could be said of the new coupe. I must have one of these!!!

ShadowFox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Told ya!! I never have seen my dad so happy about any new car till this one came along.

Stunning car!! Just simply stunning.

I showed my dad the new Viper Coupe and he thought he was looking at the new Z06… the RT-10’s and the GTS can be spotted from far away but these new vipers you have to look carefully to not mistake them form an S200’s or the C5’s Vert.

I really don’t have to encourage him to get this GR-1 he will be one of the hundred easy customers waiting eagerly in line to buy one.

I wish I could say the same for dodge.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I luv it! Outrageous! Hints of Aston Martin, Daytona Coupe.

Totally badazz looks, with an engine to match.

I'd like to own one.....

Tom Shapiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw it today at the Detroit Auto Show. Absolutely beautiful in person. Aluminum skin poured over plastic composite. Caught part of the presentation and I think its a 605 HP V-10. This car is so much better looking than last year's Shelby concept.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw it at the Detroit show today too. Outrageous car, definite winner! The one on display had full engine and drive line. Some Ford guys are still talking production for 2006 (show response has been extremely high), but best guess is 2007.

The finish is what they call "half polished aluminum". They had it displayed under blue lights.
6594PICT0001-med.JPG

6594PICT0003-med.JPG

6594PICT0004-med.JPG

6594PICT0005-med.JPG

I'll have one or two more tomorrow.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery