Interesting night out

n-mo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So it was the first "night-out" that I've taken the viper. Man, does this car get some attention.... Pulling up in front of the restaurant, I was asked to leave it right next to the doors, and my wife and I got two free drink tickets just for parking it there. Ok, a good start... Had dinner, and was asked my the owner more than once if everything was ok, listened to some music and left. On the way out, some king of the hill billy in his raised '98 chevy decides to get as close to the viper as possible while accelerating and turning, making my wife scream "oh my Goooo, we're goona..." As he turned, he and Jethro were laughing hysterically. At the very next light, a guy in a Taurus next to me wants to race (I didn't)- however, I could have posted it in the kill section if I did, right? Not a mile down the road, probably a '00 Cadillac comes racing up, passes me, hits the breaks (4 lane road) paces me, slams on the gas, hits breaks, paces, slams gas, hits breaks (Do you think he was getting frustrated that I wouldn't race him? An important note: Believe me, I'm definitely a fan of "spirited driving" just not street racing with other cars around) After this he turned off...

And to think, all this because of some inconspicuous little red with silver racing stripes car with 450 horsepower. :confused:

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They make the the un-normal people even more idiotic and thats where the danger comes in

Yeah, no kidding. I had my daughter in the car on a cruise when she was 2 years old at the time. Some idiot in a Turbo Porsche pulls up on the passenger side, and starts doing the same accel, brake accel then pulls up next to me when I don't go for it and says something all ********** an all. The whole time my little girl has her little eyes looking over the door edge and waving hi. Then the guy speeds off flipping me the bird. WHAT an AZZZZZZzzzzz.

S

SUN RA KAT

Darwin will eventually sort them azzholes out of the gene pool.

I washed my Viper this morning and took it for a short air dry ride and was at the stop light. Behind me some idiot cut another driver off big time and scared me that he wouldn't stop in time. Then the light turned green and he kept his distance from me - 6 feet - for a while then I slowed down to where 6 feet distance was safe at the speeds we were going.

Drivers like that should be pedestrians! Take away their license and there cars!

PSilverGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
People can act stupid. I was driving through my neighborhood last Fall, there was a cop car two cars behind me. Of course, I drove normally knowing he can easily see me. I four door sedan (a young male behind the wheel) making a right from a parking lot see me and floors it with tires squealing. By this time I was already past him slowing down at a red light and thinking what an idiot. The cop turned his lights on and pulled him over right away. It's amazing that the Viper can cause someone to get a ticket by just see it. :)

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait til you see the first accident happening just because you are present in the Viper.
People tend to LOOK onto the car and do not watch traffic any more.....crash! Happened 2 times to me.

TSR6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
n-mo - which restaurant was this?

..and yeah, there are definately a few nuts in this area. I've watched people swerve in and out of traffic down 251 to catch up all the time. It's rediculous...

tooreal11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing can be worse than getting a ticket for high RPM's!! He claims that for what the car sounded like there was no way I could have been at 35 or under. He says visually from where he was standing I had to be atleast going 50mph...****...I couldnt believe he would have the nerve to say something like that, I had to be going atleast 60!!!! LOL.....Anyways this is a true story and he never showed up to court so I won.....

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait til you see the first accident happening just because you are present in the Viper.
People tend to LOOK onto the car and do not watch traffic any more.....crash! Happened 2 times to me.

I saw a guy walk into a pole and knocked out while staring at my Viper parked.