Interior Paint...

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a couple of pics of my interior after the paint. Sorry for the crappy pics, but they're from my cell phone. It looks great in person! It was pretty much torn apart anyway to have the ****** SRX and the new head unit molded in, so I had it all painted at the same time. It's the same paint code as the exterior and really wakes up the all black interior. Thoughts?

Attachments

• Interior.jpg
    Interior.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 123
  • Interior 2.jpg
    Interior 2.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 112
  • dashfront.jpg
    dashfront.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you pass along some Hi-Def pictures of your door panel inserts painted silver. I have been seriously thinking of doing that to mine, but was not sure if I was going to do the whole insert (where he door closes) or just the face of that little panel and leave the door closing part black. Can you include a picture with the door closed so I can see how that looks. What paint code did you use?

Looks good!

OP
OP
T

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you pass along some Hi-Def pictures of your door panel inserts painted silver. I have been seriously thinking of doing that to mine, but was not sure if I was going to do the whole insert (where he door closes) or just the face of that little panel and leave the door closing part black. Can you include a picture with the door closed so I can see how that looks. What paint code did you use?

Looks good!

I'm not sure how to post high res pics on here. Shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll get some to you. It's the Brilliant Silver paint code from Dodge.

PS. If you don't know (I didn't), the door pieces are attached to the entire door panel. You have to take the whole thing off to paint it. The inserts don't come apart separately.

Last edited:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice. I did mine a while back. Love it. When I changed the center console, the original dash gray paint and the black just didnt blend well.

Here are a few pics of mine but pics dont do it justice.

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice. I did mine a while back. Love it. When I changed the center console, the original dash gray paint and the black just didnt blend well.

Here are a few pics of mine but pics dont do it justice.
The black looks great.:2tu:

The silver doesn't, maybe its the poor quality of the pictures?
Maybe in person it looks better. :dunno:

OP
OP
T

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The black looks great.:2tu:

The silver doesn't, maybe its the poor quality of the pictures?
Maybe in person it looks better. :dunno:

I need to get some better pics outside with natural light. Garage lights and cell phone with a flash doesn't work too well.

Nader...yours looks great. How do you post high quality pics with the tiny file size we can upload here?

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Looks great - but I might be just a little biased:). Wish I would have thought about painting those door accents as that looks good as well.
rocket_interior_Large_.JPG

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
you have to compress them in a paint program.
Email them to me and i will post them for you if you want.
[email protected]

Rockets looks good too maybe its the lack of sunlight on yours.

OP
OP
T

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you have to compress them in a paint program.
Email them to me and i will post them for you if you want.
[email protected]

Rockets looks good too maybe its the lack of sunlight on yours.

If the weather cooperates tomorrow, I'll take some better ones and send them to you to post. Doesn't look good though. I took the car out tonight because it was supposed to start raining tomorrow afternoon, but it's already started. Damn weathermen! I need to find a profession where I can be right 40% of the time and still keep my job!

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is a better pic of the dash and door he sent me, it is
really nice. :2tu:

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Looking good man!
Cheers

OP
OP
T

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tow dawg----who did the custom work for the radio and radar? Whole thing looks outstanding if you ask me

Thanks. A local place called Car Tunes. Mike is the installer there and does awesome work. He has a guy he uses for paint and just had him do it.

I thought about trying it myself, but this turned out perfect. Perfect color match, special primer for painting on plastics, and like 3 or 4 coats of clear to help resist any scratching.

OP
OP
T

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice layout of the control . Is there an led signal, if so where was it installed?

Do mean an LED flashing light to tell me if it's going off? He said he could put one in, but it shows on the display as well and I had an external speaker hooked up for the radar, so I can hear it pretty well even at highway speeds wit the radio on.

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for an excellent post, TowDawg. Looks like these guys earned their money from you. It does wake the interior up. Does the brighter look keep you awake on warm, sleepy afternoon driving? How do you like your radio unit? Sounds better and everything works? What is it?

OP
OP
T

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for an excellent post, TowDawg. Looks like these guys earned their money from you. It does wake the interior up. Does the brighter look keep you awake on warm, sleepy afternoon driving? How do you like your radio unit? Sounds better and everything works? What is it?

Thanks. What is "sleepy afternoon driving" in a Viper? :D

The paint across the top of the instrument cluster does produce some glare if the top is up and the sun hits it right, but it's not bad. With the top down (99% of the time) it's not even noticeable.

It's a Pioneer head unit with HD radio and bunch of other crap. My installer recommended it. It does have nice place to plug a USB jump drive directly into the front. That make carrying whatever music I want with me really easy. It even displays the name of the song playing form the jump drive.

As far as sound...no real improvement. I didn't want to drop the cash to do the entire stereo right now, as there a lot of performance mods I want first. My Quaife is on the way and I think I'm about snag an Autoform roll bar. And hopefully a Paxton this winter. It will eventually sound great, but it's about another 3 grand to finish it. I only went ahead with the head unit for now because there was no room to mount the radar display with the factory set-up in there. The radar and laser diffusers were a necessity! :rolaugh:

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You might be able to cut the glare even though its minor, with a tint strip on the front windshield and tint the rest of the car if its not already.
Also lower it, those are some cheap things that get the most out of a viper or any car imho. :2tu:

p.s towdawg check your mail.

OP
OP
T

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might be able to cut the glare even though its minor, with a tint strip on the front windshield and tint the rest of the car if its not already.
Also lower it, those are some cheap things that get the most out of a viper or any car imho. :2tu:

p.s towdawg check your mail.

Don't really like the look of of the strip on the windshield. I have the sides at back at 5% already, but the top is rarely ever up when I'm out. Too many things to do it right now. I'll probably lower it some when I get wheels, but that's on down the road a ways.

p.s. Got the links. Thanks again!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi