Introducing - New and Improved Guidelines and Policies

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I am pleased to say, as of this morning, we, the website committee have completed the "rebuilding" of the policies of the website! I want to thank ALL of the members of the committee for their logical, systematic, and open approach to all the feedback that was discussed between our committee, as well as the many members, and officers, that offered suggestions to this task.

There are many new features that will be initiated on the new software (that's the next step...stay tuned!), that allow much better filtering of registration information, and allows many more options for displaying posts (even one that allows you to display all topics as one thread...like the original old software did), security of e-mail address, and much, much, more.

Please take a look at the policies, and enjoy this new, more logical description on our methods of keeping www.viperclub.org the #1 Viper related website, that respects all, and keeps everyone entertained, yet abides by a "PG" content criteria.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph Houss:
I am pleased to say, as of this morning, we, the website committee have completed the "rebuilding" of the policies of the website! I want to thank ALL of the members of the committee
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is the Committee membership on-the-record?

Where there any Paid VCA Web Advertisors on this committee?

It seems they did a good job.....can we thank them in person?

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe,
We should know the names of the committee members.

how do you become a committee member?

how long are they committee members?

Are they voted in annually?

how many committee members are there?

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Committee members are chosen at the whim of the national president, and as such, it would seem that the committee does not represent the membership, but rather is a front set up by those in charge to create the illusion of accountability and due process, when infact there is what there has always been - selective control by a few who work themselves into policital positions and become (to quote my friend Jesse) dug in deeper than an Alabama tick.

Just my opinion - not sure if opinions are allowed under the new rules or not.

OP
OP
Joseph Houss

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Mike,

Thank you for YOUR opinion. "front"? "illusion"? ay yay yay Mike, I think you might be sniffing too much Zaino
grazy.gif

Do you disagree with any of the policies set fourth in the new guidelines? .... "Not sure if opinions are allowed in the new rules"? .... well, let's see, opinions are welcome, insults, on the other hand.... well .....
wink.gif
. Any further suggestions? If so, please go to the appropriate topic area and voice your thoughts.

Committee Members, at this time, are those hardworking members that volunteered for this task (and if you don't believe me, just ask them how much time they spent on this project!).

Additionally, I assure you that each committee member clearly recognized the need for outside input, and we have incorporated many ideas from those that were nice enough to post, e-mail all call us with solutions.

Committees ARE set up by the National Officers, and members can be picked by them as well... but let's get this straight, this is a VIPER CLUB .... and we're lucky to get volunteers! Hard Work, NO PAY! I want to thank ALL the volunteers that help this great community!

We are in the midst of preparing additional committee related protocol (yes, adding volunteers based on their activity on the website, etc), and will post this info as soon as it has been consolidated and approved.

We ALWAYS welcome volunteers (as they're hard to find!), so please let us know if you'd like to invest some time with our VCA!

Paid Web Advertisers? I don't think so. Would you think that would be appropriate?

Here's the members (as of today):

Joe Houss (me), website committe chairman
Henry Cone
Jay Herbert
Andy Levitt
Bill Lundeen
Chris Marshall

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members