Invincible Viper

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I swear, other people can't see my Viper.

Nearly every time I drive it for even a couple mile trip I'm having to avoid someone switching lanes into me, pulling out in front of me without enough room to stop or that people tailgate more often and closer. I feel that there was less chance wrecking the car during a weekend of road racing than going for a 5 mile drive in the city.

Is it just me being paranoid or protective of the car, the lowness of the car making it less visible, people wanting to see or act silly around it or something else?

Has anyone else felt this way? I'd like to break down a proper explanation.

Bad Brad

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, extra car is needed when driving this Car. People act foolish when they see a Viper, they don't know what it is and want to see it at close
range, those who do know the car want you to get on it and make a mistake!!! Beware, be careful, have fun knowing that they wish they had a VIPER !!!!!!!!

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it may be a city thing because there are a lot more ignorant and "city breed" drivers generally, mixed up with "car share" and "Uber" rental crowd. I would suggest putting your headlights and fog lights on during day driving. I always have at least my fog lights on during the day. Also loud pipes supposedly save lives is what they say too. I always watch others even more when i take my car out. Thats part of the "deal".

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Yep, always have my lights on regardless of what I'm driving

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I swear, other people can't see my Viper.

Nearly every time I drive it for even a couple mile trip I'm having to avoid someone switching lanes into me, pulling out in front of me without enough room to stop or that people tailgate more often and closer. I feel that there was less chance wrecking the car during a weekend of road racing than going for a 5 mile drive in the city.

Is it just me being paranoid or protective of the car, the lowness of the car making it less visible, people wanting to see or act silly around it or something else?

Has anyone else felt this way? I'd like to break down a proper explanation.

You are not alone. The Viper stirs a lot of emotion...particularly love and jealousy. When you have those two emotions swirling around your car...$hit is gonna happen. When I leave my house, I feel like an eagle amongst turkey's...and when I'm driving my Viper especially so. I have come to the conclusion I will never sell my Viper. It's a part of the family. I don't worry about resale value or mileage, I just enjoy it and know whatever happens I will just fix it.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Huh, I've found the faster you drive, the more people see you and get the heck out of your way. When I drive the "speed limit" no one knows I'm there, when I add a 1 in front of it, cars stumble over themselves to get out of the way (and I never get tailgated that way).

Not that I can endorse that, it's merely for scientific purposes.

OP
OP
IDM

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wish I could push a button and make it look like a corvette or a minivan so everyone could leave me alone!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4