is the 2007 Viper getting a HP bump?

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been away from the viper club for a little while so sorry if this has been adressed already (I can't seem to find it anywhere) but is the 2007 getting a bump in power? J/W

Thanks guys

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
STU - the rumor is that the '08 Viper will get a bump in power, possibly as high as 650HP. There will be no '07 Viper.

Denver Morford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dodge informed its dealer body that 2007 will have nothing but special edition vipers available. I've posted the news release in another post here recently.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dodge informed its dealer body that 2007 will have nothing but special edition vipers available. I've posted the news release in another post here recently.
I've seen your posts but what I've also seen was that there will be no 07 Vipers.

In calendar 2006, the 10 debuts will likely be:
2007 Dodge Sprinter........(???, 2006)
2007 Doge Caliber...........(January, 2006)
2007 Jeep Compass.........(May 30, 2006)
2007 Jeep Wrangler 4dr...(July, 2006)
2007 Chrysler Aspen........(July, 2006)
2007 Dodge Nitro.............(July, 2006)
2007 Jeep Wrangler 2dr...(August, 2006)
2007 Chrysler Sebring......(August, 2006)
2007 Jeep Patriot.............(October 9, 2006)
2007 Dodge Avenger........(December, 2006)

In calendar 2007, the 10 or so debuts will likely be:
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel..........(Jan 2007)
2008 Dodge Hybrid Durango..................(???, 2007)
2008 Dodge Caliber SRT4......................(March, 2007)
2008 Dodge Viper coupe (ZB700)...........(January, 2007)
2008 Dodge Viper vert (ZB700)..............(January, 2007)
2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible.........(February, 2007)
2008 Chrysler/Dodge minivans (RT).......(July, 2007)
2008 Chrysler/Dodge minivans (RT).......(Sept, 2007)
2008 Dodge Crossover (JC49)................(Sept, 2007)
2008 Dodge Avenger SRT6........................(????, 2007)

In calendar 2008, the 5 or so debuts will likely be:
2009 Dodge Challenger (LY)....................(2Q, 2008)
2009 Jeep Liberty (KK).........................(3Q, 2008)
2009 Chrysler Pacifica (CT)...................(July, 2008)
2009 Chrysler Firepower Coupe (ZC) .....(July, 2008)
2009 Dodge Ram (DS)...........................(???, 2008)

In calendar 2009, the 6 or so debuts will likely be:
2010 Dodge Viper Roadster (ZC)............(Jan, 2009)
2010 Chrysler Firepower Roadster (ZC)...(Jan, 2009)
2010 Dodge Viper Coupe(ZC).................(July, 2009)
2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8(LY)............(1Q, 2009)
2010 Dodge Ram (SRT8)........................(???, 2009)

Others we are all waiting for:
2008 Jeep Gladiator.............................(???)
2008 Dodge Razor/Scooter...................(???)

If this is true, Vipers built in 07 will be 08 models.

Whoaa GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The idea of making only special editions just sounds funny. What will make them special again??????

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The idea of making only special editions just sounds funny. What will make them special again??????

Damn, that's what I was wondering too! How are they special if there isn't a baseline model to be distinct from and special comparatively speaking?

Denver Morford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is another post of a letter that I got from my regional manager regarding the 2007's. I do know that they have been wrong in the past but this is all that we (the dealers) have to go off of. At the time this was sent, it was unsure if the Stratus name would stick or not. Since then market research indicated that the name Stratus didn't have any brand equity and will be changed.

CHRYSLER BRAND
 Aspen- This eagerly anticipated SUV for Chrysler will start production 7/27. First dealer orders expected to be 8/06 for Sep build. This gorgeous ride combines class w/utility flawlessly. 90 days total Chrysler sales will earn you this anticipated unit.
 Sebring- If you didn’t make it to Vegas…you missed out on this head turning vehicle. This will revitalize your presence with this nameplate, and its looks alone will drive traffic. Job 1 for the sedan 12/11, and the convertible 2/27/07.
 300- will continue to expand in this hot market. A LWB 300 as well as other special editions coming this year…that’s rigbt…LWB!!! Offering more rear legroom than any LWB import (including Maybach!)…if you thought this has been a keystone in your lineup…you ain’t seen nothin’ yet!!
 Pacifica- will be available with a freshened look and a newly available 4.0 L/6 Spd powertrain…This years Pacifica will include standard: side curtain air bags, 3.8L for base, ESP, tire pressure monitoring system, one-touch glass and more… Rear back up camera available and the refresh look includes:Crossfire like grooves on the hood, new fascia, hdlmps, and a redesigned grille.
 Minivan- this force will stay strong…keeping all of its segment leading attributes while adding several eye catching colors.
 PT- New worry free fabric, RKE standard on base, and standard side airbags. Look out for the new colors too!!

JEEP BRAND
 Compass- The first car based platform for Jeep = appeal to a customer who may not have considered Jeep = incremental sales! Great MPG without sacrificing that famous Jeep utility. Allocations based on 90 days total Jeep sales. Don’t miss out!!
 Patriot- The big bro to Compass, Job 1-10/9. Keep the focus on the full Jeep line-up as it will be earned on 90 day Jeep sls.
 NEW Wrangler- The core to the Jeep lineup just got better. Introducing the 4 dr Wrangler(Job 1-7/24)…soon to be followed by the 2 dr(Job 1-8/28). This COMPLETELY REDESIGNED Wrangler will offer more utility and capability than ever before.
 Commander- Keep the momentum going on this strong edition. New for ’07- Upgraded interior, pwr lift gate, remote start, backup camera, 18” whls, new colors, and an Overland edition coming, just to name a few.
 Grand Cherokee- New standard air bags, upgraded interior appearance, redesigned body-side moldings and body color door handles. Park view back up camera available, remote start, park sense, and new colors. A new diesel is also coming for this platform 1st qtr ’07 (not avail in Calif) 2 and 4WD. Of course the red hot SRT8 will continue, and as a low cost alternative check out the upfit package on the Laredo which includes body kit, spoiler, mats, and more…
 Liberty- Special packaging will continue this year, and look out for the new leather seats, TPMS avlblty, and new color too!

DODGE BRAND
 Caliber- This hot number will continue strong in ’07; coming w/FWD R/T, ESP, worry free fabric, new colors, and more!
 Nitro- Dlr allocations est. for Sept. Mind blowing technology/innovation in this solid edition to the lineup. MP3 friendly, touch screen/voice activated Nav radio w/memory for music and phots, 20” whls, slide out cargo floor…and so much more. 90 day Dge sls will earn you this mid-size SUV killer that will appeal to the full range of the market and offer a versatile SUV for the $$.
 Stratus- That’s right…and if you missed it in Vegas…you missed out. This nameplate will be reborn in an eye catching priced right design that will offer a wider range of options for the sedan minded consumer. Job 1 will be 12/11/06.
 Charger- Expect this bruiser to stay strong; AWD coming in ’07, 20” chrome for Daytona, enhanced cosmetics to name a few.
 Ram- DIVERSIFICATION…Avail remote start, ESP w/Hill assist, 34” frame rails on Cab&Chassis, stain resist fabric, and coming 1/07: 6.7L Cummins TD Diesel w/optnl 6 Spd auto trans. Don’t forget the upfits: Activgate, chrome kits, pwr boards, and more.
 Caravan- We will not mess what is not broken; continued segment leading pkg/eqpt w/new colors to keep catching those eyes.
 Durango- One word for this vehicle…NEW. Expect new frt end, frt/rear fascia, mldgs, 20” whls, colors, bkt sts, to name a few.
 Dakota- Check out the simplified product plan w/signif. Disc. coming on price class steps. Remote start, worry free fabric, etc.
 Magnum- Look out for the addition of a Road and Track pkg….performance interior, 10+HP under the hood, and new colors.
 Viper/SRT10- Viper will continue offering several lim edit pkgs/colors. There will be no SRT10 truck for ’07.

ResumeSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There will be no 2007 models at all, news of this was first broke last October over on Allpar. The "special models" they talk about will be for the 2006 model year & will be built during August before the 4-month shutdown. The '08 models should hit dealers in late January.

There was prrof that the Stratus name was being dropped many months ago, it was not a recent decision.

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So there is an '08 viper coupe (and vert) debut in '07 AND and a '10 coupe debut in '09? Does this imply the '08 is only a mild refresh/styling update and horsepower bump for '08 before a complete overhaul for the '10 model year?

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So there is an '08 viper coupe (and vert) debut in '07 AND and a '10 coupe debut in '09? Does this imply the '08 is only a mild refresh/styling update and horsepower bump for '08 before a complete overhaul for the '10 model year?

Yes. They have been very quiet on the styling update, but I would expect most of the changes to be to the front clip and none of them to be very major. Word is that the hood is changing to allow for clearance of the new engine and that the nose is being redesigned to be more agressive.

This isn't based on any inside info, but just a hunch: I suspect that the Rousch Viper shown at SEMA may have been a preview of the changes to the Viper for '08.

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Yes. They have been very quiet on the styling update, but I would expect most of the changes to be to the front clip and none of them to be very major. Word is that the hood is changing to allow for clearance of the new engine and that the nose is being redesigned to be more agressive.

This isn't based on any inside info, but just a hunch: I suspect that the Rousch Viper shown at SEMA may have been a preview of the changes to the Viper for '08.

Moparman is the man!!! I feel he is right on the money.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte