Is the lightweight flywheel mod a noticeable improvement?

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello;

I have an 01' RT-10 and have smooth tubes, K&N's. and the Mopar cat back exhaust. My Viper runs very well and sounds much better than stock.

I have read some comments a while back here about the flywheel mod. So far, I have not wanted to do any "serious" mods or get into the engine. The lightweight flywheel mod seems as though it makes sense for providing quicker revs and acceleration.

Is this a mod that gives an immediate, noticeable benefit, or is it extremely subtle? What problems can you run into during the install? Is it a pretty easy proceedure by a Viper tech, or do I need to be doing alot of other things to the Viper to make it fit/work well?

Thanks for your opinions and suggestions.

Jim Wallace

OP
OP
J

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you for the responses;

Would any of you care to describe the costs and consequences (if any) of the flywheel mod?

All comments were positive on the flywheel. Did any of you encounter any problems with the install? What did you have to spend? Any regrets at all?

I appreciate your comments and detail if you would respond!

Thanks,

Jim Wallace

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the other hand, I HAD to replace the flywheel, and I replaced it with the Archer model (the one with the removable plate). I think it was around 500. I have the original gearing, so I would bet you would get more of a change with the gears. My seat-o-the pants meter doesn't show much of a difference, it revs a little quicker...

I haven't dragged it since, that would be my real indicator.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang