Is The SRT Viper Not A Great Driver's Car?

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Must be a white car issue! Ha! Ha! Actually I have seen this exact hood screen blow out happen before as it happened on one of the white test mule cars the last emissions high altitude testing session here in the Rockies before the production car was released. A microburst weather situation hit pure Dick Winkles on I-70 and that very screen, in that exact location blew out. I have a picture of the car with the screen out when we met them for dinner in Idaho Springs. It was an early hood and the specs of that hood were still being dialed in. I commented that it should e a bolted in metal screen anyway and the guys just shrugged their shoulders as if to say, not my decision.

If I had to guess, I would just say it is that same pre-production hood as was on that very mule, white and all. Hell this white car could be that pre-production test car for all we know. In the end, if a small plastic screen blowing off or a seat which was not tightened down enough (for whatever reason) in an early cycle car is all you can come up with not to buy the car, then you are a certified idiot, which most of these discrediting trolls here most certainly are. So the car had bald mis-matched tires apparently. A real auto magazine would have drove it over to a tire shop and put on a new set to test the car and said as much. Be happy the manufacturer sent you anything.

Everyone knows SRT is in a shoestring budget. Motor Trend is getting so much mileage out of this unprofessional behavior it is ridiculous. I would not send them a single car, not answer a single request, cut them off completely. To hell with them period. They have lost ALL credibility. Not worth any exposure. SRT should concentrate on the rest of the magazines out there.

As far as the TA, SRT has it contracted out to Mopar Performance Parts for their show circuit for exposure and future parts sales. At Mopar Mile High Nationals Golden, Colorado Block Party this year, the TA was not in the SRT display (where the new SRT vehicles were and some VCA member cars, including my 96' RT/10) sat. It was in he Mopar booth. I spoke with the Mopar people and that is what why they expressed that they have the car for awhile.

Now should SRT get off the hook for sending the car they did, no! They need to be smarter than the average bear. Get it together already and no time like the presence. Stop sending MT any SRT vehicle. All of them boycotted until they smarten up.

New GEN V is a great car, despite to childish efforts of the insecure and childish banterings of the weak willed posters that have zero to contribute here. Wake up VCA and take out the trash already. You know exactly who they are and do nothing. Sorry but you are as bad as Motor Trend at this point with turning a blind eye.

The new car is not perfect, but nothing out there is. It is laughable the pedestal position others put on some other cars and future cars in comparison. Viper is on a small pedestal for me but not going to defend every false move. SRT has taken enough lumps through social media and these rags lie M-T. Viper owners are a different breed and will look into the car closer huh an an M-T article. Time to get the soul back in the Viper and this forum. Time to take charge of these situations. Enough of the negativity and the childish "Paul pulled Sally's pigtails in the schoolyard" responses and approach to this.

Dude take your blinders off. You are paying 140k for this damn thing it better get you from A to B in one piece.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see Krate is back up on his soap box preaching the gospel of anti-viper. Coming from a guy who complains he cant fit in a viper to begin with should be taken with a grain of salt.

Mr. StorykrapGts, You should be ashamed of yourself. Any more of your hate filled babble and you can be considered a borderline racist !!!

I do not preach anti-Viper. MotorTrend did that already

I preach PRO-accountability, as if it so hard for anyone with even a Junior High School reading comprehension skill to see that.

I am preaching for SRT to show the door to the goofball who let that car get into MotorTrends hands un-inspected.

I am glad to help YOU better understand my posts that are so OBVIOUSLY and overtly CLEAR. ... to reiterate..... I state over and over that SRT needs to throw the employee who is responsible out onto the street for allowing this embarrassing situation to occur related to the MT review.

This statement is in DEFENSE of the Viper as an automobile (duh!!) , while at the same time attacking the goofball that put the Vipers future in jeopardy by allowing the Motor Trend fiasco to occur.

Not to hard to understand when you have minimal reading comprehension skills, and you do not react in a knee **** manner.

Last edited:

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree 100%! Get the ban sledgehammer out for the usual trolls. Hmmm, Srt Viper and Kratedisease come to mind. I have no idea why they are here except to try and do the troll thing.

Mr. AlaBASTARD Mumbojumbo, I am not doing the TROLL "thing" .

You are clearly VERY VERY CONFUSED.( in more than one way !)

Funny how you call me a TROLL. Why not instead call the goofball clown that let this un-inspected car be tested by MT a TROLL?

Is it not true that a TROLL is described as someone who undermines a project/goal ???

I am so sorry that you are so CONFUSED..... I am surely NOT a TROLL for demanding that SRT fire the goofball who UNDERMINED the SRT/Viper brand by allowing this Motor Trend fiasco to occur.

I am sorry that you do not have the most basic intellect to realize that the employee who allowed this MotorTrend fiasco to occur is THE TROLL and I am a anti-Troll for demanding he /she be held accountable for the damage that was done . Duh, einstein ?!?!?!

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Following the circle **** mentality of all the people who call me a Troll......

VCA guidelines for identifying a TROLL

1) If anyone here criticizes Viper, the automobile/product itself, in any way related to design or performance or another variable, then they MUST be labeled a TROLL.

2) If anyone here criticizes the employee who screwed up by allowing this un-inspected car to be put into MotorTrends hands, then the person criticizing the employee is a Troll and the employee who damaged the Viper brand is a HERO...

Last edited:

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good night fellas.... I'm going to finish my sandwich, have 3 candy bars and some ice cream for desert and go to sleep....

See you guys in the AM !!

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Funny how you call me a TROLL. Why not instead call the goofball clown that let this un-inspected car be tested by MT a TROLL?

Is it not true that a TROLL is described as someone who undermines a project/goal ???

I am so sorry that you are so CONFUSED..... I am surely NOT a TROLL for demanding that SRT fire the goofball who UNDERMINED the SRT/Viper brand by allowing this Motor Trend fiasco to occur.

I am sorry that you do not have the most basic intellect to realize that the employee who allowed this MotorTrend fiasco to occur is THE TROLL and I am a anti-Troll for demanding he /she be held accountable for the damage that was done . Duh, einstein ?!?!?!

Actually you fit the description to a "t". A troll is anyone who comes into a thread trying to derail any semblance of a meaningful discussion. Therefore, if the name fits, then you surely must be a troll.

Once again, i have to ask. Why are you here on this site? You are not here as a real enthusiast or someone who wants to actually make contributions to the site. Don't you have any other places to bother or harass? It is amazing how someone who is so detested continues to come back over and over. It bespeaks volumes. You clearly are trying to get attention. Now how much longer do we have to put up with you before you leave?

madninjaskillz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do clowns exist? We have to be reminded what civility is and to know the difference.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Far as I know SRTViper, Viper can get from A to B with a blown out hood screen (replaced under warranty) bald tires and a loose seat (fixed under warranty). Gain some perspective.

I think you need to get a grip on life and what is important on a car. Frustrating and disappointing, yes, but hurting reliability, grow up! The article is being written by a known and unreliable source in M-T. It has zero credibility.

If Disease had bothered to read what I wrote,he would see as well that I was not letting SRT off the hook as the response was unbiased with the exception of a known offender in M-T. You T-Guys have driven enough VCA members away from the forums with your BS. Trash day is coming. I would say it as been fun but don't let the door hit you on the way out.

VCA has over the years banned owners with a passion for the Viper and contributed, but crossed the line. Why the VCA tolerates certain individuals with known and observed agendas as these, I have no idea.

Ev1E9

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No. That's the definition of a gremlin. Another magical, fairy-tale creature.

Last edited:

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Far as I know SRTViper, Viper can get from A to B with a blown out hood screen (replaced under warranty) bald tires and a loose seat (fixed under warranty). Gain some perspective.

I think you need to get a grip on life and what is important on a car. Frustrating and disappointing, yes, but hurting reliability, grow up! The article is being written by a known and unreliable source in M-T. It has zero credibility.

If Disease had bothered to read what I wrote,he would see as well that I was not letting SRT off the hook as the response was unbiased with the exception of a known offender in M-T. You T-Guys have driven enough VCA members away from the forums with your BS. Trash day is coming. I would say it as been fun but don't let the door hit you on the way out.

VCA has over the years banned owners with a passion for the Viper and contributed, but crossed the line. Why the VCA tolerates certain individuals with known and observed agendas as these, I have no idea.

You conveniently left out the brake pedal snapping off. 2nd what makes motortrend not credible and your opinion credible? Last I checked motortrend has been around for decades running tests. Who are you? A nobody. You shouldn't say someone is not credible when their opinion isn't the one you wanted to hear. If motortrend said the viper was number 1 drivers car then everyone would be jumping for joy saying how credible they were.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You conveniently left out the brake pedal snapping off. 2nd what makes motortrend not credible and your opinion credible? Last I checked motortrend has been around for decades running tests. Who are you? A nobody. You shouldn't say someone is not credible when their opinion isn't the one you wanted to hear. If motortrend said the viper was number 1 drivers car then everyone would be jumping for joy saying how credible they were.

Well spoken Mr. SRTViper. Yes, exactly, when the review is positive, what a great person who wrote it. When the review *****, what a **** the reviewer is.....

Hey, WOW what a conicidence !! .... just like here on the forums.... good comments posted, -- he a great guy. Criticism, and you are now a Troll.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ColoDiaper, your finger pointing is out of control. "You T-Guys have driven enough VCA members away from the forums with your BS. "

are YOU out of touch with reality ?

YOU, ColoDiaper are pushing everyone away with your inability to allow diverse opinions. According to you, If you do not praise the Viper then you are a Troll and you need to leave.

You are the true TROLL Mr. ColoDiaper !!

OP
OP
V

VRYALT3R3D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The test was conducted in June. My understanding is that particular Viper was the only Viper in the press fleet available. A red GTS with black stripes was already booked. So my guess is they just gave the white Viper for whatever reason.

My question is why did Motor Trend accept the Viper if it was such a POS. Did they tell SRT about the issues as it happened? Why did Motor Trend drive the car on the track with worn, mismatched tires???

And with all its faults, it still beat the GT-R and had the 2nd fastest time.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I told EVERYONE that I thought it was a crazy idea for SRT to give MotorTrend a white car.... but no one would listen.... everyone knows that white is "the" slowest color Viper ... wake up everyone. The Viper lost the drag race because they used a white car. If they used a blue Viper with white stripes, or a red car Viper would have come in 2nd place behind the GTR.

Whoever is the goofball at SRT that allowed a white car to be drag raced should have a "kick me" sign taped on their back at work ...

This is ridiculous !! How could they let this happen ???

Last edited:

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to resurrect a thread that should die, but after watching the whole hour and 17 minutes video, I got the feeling that if Randy was the only one voting, he would have rated the car much higher.
I also think if SRT gave a crap, and gave them the car they asked for, it would have rated much higher. Mercedes flew their car in with a team of techs to make sure it was perfect. SRT sent a car with mismatched tires.

That fact that the Ford couldn't even be driven home after a few laps at Laguna Seca, and yet it still rated higher than the Viper tells me that SRT must have really ********** Motortrend.

I would never expect the Viper to be a the top of a list like this, but last is just plain silly. All the issues Randy mentioned would have been solved in the TA edition car. The other guys would have said it's too loud and too rough. But the TA would have beat the Mercedes lap time, so they would have been more forgiving.

Over the weekend I was at a big Viper event and guy had a Stryker Red Gen V. That car was better looking than any car on the road today, and it's one of the fastest on any track. Best driver car is subjective, and I'd put a Stryker Red Viper in the #1 spot. I wouldn't mind driving a 911 or Honda Accord to work every day, but both of those cars are too common to be considered a the greatest drivers car.

~Jay

PeerBlock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It depends on what kind of driver you are...but I'd say that the Viper is a racer's car (even if you're a wannabe racer).

How many times has Ralph said "HEY GUYS LOOK, THE VIPER IS REFINED NOW"???? Your god like figure is telling you to get with the times with his 18 speaker system and 8000 dollar sweedish leather interior, and his digital gauges. Are you blind? Or looking at Gen 1-4?

It is refined to the point where the aesthetics and creature comforts are what you'd expect from a car in this price range. The leather is awesome; fit and finish is great.

No he said we have 2 models. The SRT for all the raw people who refuse to change on their ways and the GTS model for all the guys who like a refined ride. Hence the extra stability controls and adjustable dampers. The GTS was suppose to pull ferrari, porsche, lambo, aston guys. None of these buyers would take a 2nd look at the base SRT. The GTS is a different story. Unless they just hate American cars which most people who buy imports tend to.

It's not because the Viper isn't up to par; it's that SRT seems to have blown its *** on making the Gen 5 happen and didn't leave a lot for a decent ad campaign, nor are they doing much in terms of making the SRT shopping experience different from a trip to your local Dodge dealer. Ferrari and Lambo are both very limited production, Porsche and Aston both advertise a lot and, in my opinion, neither of them have a better offering than the Viper. Even Jaguar runs ads on TV fairly regularly.

SRT has this awesome commercial on youtube, the "car guy" commercial, which I have yet to see on TV. They should air it. It's a great commercial and it's promoting what is arguably the best vehicle you can buy in the up-to-$200K price range.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do clowns exist? We have to be reminded what civility is and to know the difference.

Like Rodney King said famously... " can't we all just get along ??" I feel like Rodney King getting the verbal baton hits here simply because I am "different"

You know, I just want everyone to know that i am very sensitive, and my feelings get hurt very easily..... ( eyes tearing...) your mean spirited comments really hurt ...OK, not really ,

bring it on you goofy ******** !!!

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with you. It aint (Texas slang) like the old days on here anymore. More like the alley now.

If you want your enjoyable forum back just click on "Settings" in the top right corner of this screen, then "Edit Ignore List", enter a couple of user names, and presto...100% of the irritating posts vanish forever! It's wonderful. Responding in any way to irritating troll posts is what enables and encourages them, and when you don't see them the problem disappears...and in time they will too!

Everyone should just do it right now.

Bruce

HogWhisperer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 2,500 mi on my V, pretty hard ones. Several of those miles were 60 to 'whatever' and several from a dig, 1/4 mi at a time. It is my opinion that the parts that come off at speed never scratch the paint, reduce curb weight, and are not really needed anyway if the car stays between the bar-ditches at speed. Appearance apparently isn't an issue either since the 'necks and kids still flock to it when I stop at the garse station. What's the big deal?

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want your enjoyable forum back just click on "Settings" in the top right corner of this screen, then "Edit Ignore List", enter a couple of user names, and presto...100% of the irritating posts vanish forever! It's wonderful. Responding in any way to irritating troll posts is what enables and encourages them, and when you don't see them the problem disappears...and in time they will too!

Everyone should just do it right now.

Bruce

Brucy..... go eat some maple syrup. Some people like the " non serious" posts

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ok Mr. Down In Dumps, Dr. Depression. I am adding you to my ignore list. Go find something constructive to do with your time instead of dwelling on what you perceive is wrong in the world. This forum has turned into a sesspool, in part thanks to you.

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok Mr. Down In Dumps, Dr. Depression. I am adding you to my ignore list. Go find something constructive to do with your time instead of dwelling on what you perceive is wrong in the world. This forum has turned into a sesspool, in part thanks to you.

??? I was just pointing out the hypocrisy from his post of discrediting an organization from giving an opinion he didn't like. I don't really care nor have time to deal with what is wrong in the world.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Speaking on the topic of depression...My mom is very depressed that i still have not moved out of the house.....

By I got over my depression once I bought a Viper !!! yah--hooo

Hemotoxic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The test was conducted in June. My understanding is that particular Viper was the only Viper in the press fleet available. A red GTS with black stripes was already booked. So my guess is they just gave the white Viper for whatever reason.

My question is why did Motor Trend accept the Viper if it was such a POS. Did they tell SRT about the issues as it happened? Why did Motor Trend drive the car on the track with worn, mismatched tires???

And with all its faults, it still beat the GT-R and had the 2nd fastest time.
eeyup.

I've never driven any car they tested, so what do I know, except--

I won't take any "best driver's car" list that ranks a 250hp FWD econobox (that had to be flatbedded at one point IIRC) ahead of a 640hp V10 supercar all that seriously.

Hemotoxic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking on the topic of depression...My mom is very depressed that i still have not moved out of the house.....

By I got over my depression once I bought a Viper !!! yah--hooo
The last time I was at Lamborghini Carolinas, you would have overheard my side of this phone call--

"Oh hey ... I'm all right ... in Greensboro ... ahhh, say, I just signed for a new car ... no, didn't need a down payment, they just took my Honda in trade ... uhhh, yeah, I think I can make the payments, but I may need some help ... actually I know I will ... heehee, only $4,258 a month, that won't be a problem will it? ... 144 months ... yeah Lamborghini financing will go out that far ... well you KNOW I have to keep up a professional successful appearance ... actually yes I did say Lamborghini, go to their website ... I think you say it "Moor-syeh-LAH-go" ... what does "LP640" mean? that's how much horsepower it has ... why does it NEED that? *exasperated* so it will go 206mph, duh ... yes, the doors swing up ... why sure, of course you can drive it anytime ... awwww, gee thanks Mom!"

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456